Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

back up lights help

When i bought the truck i noticed it didnt have reverse lights but all other lights worked.I go to check the bulbs and there is no issue with the bulbs and no power to the bulb.
Bright it into inspection and the guy there starts tracing the wires and says that there is no power to the neutral safety switch.
I did not see him when he made this check as i was in the outhouse. I did check the neutral safety switch by trying to start the truck in drive reverse and the other forward gears and its working
Can anyone give me ideas as to where to go looking with this and where to start searching with this? the dealer wants over $150 to diagnose it and i hesitate to trust anyone else

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Can you start it without clutching?(I'm assuming standard trans) I agree with what smokey said.....I'd take what the parts guy says with a grain of salt, nothing against him as a person doing his job...and that is his job...but being a parts guy does not mean diagnosing issues...if it did, he'd be a mechanic.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
There might be a problem in the neutral safety switch. Best bet is to get a wiring diagram and start tracing where you have power or lack of.

Ford Truck Articles