Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 6

Generation 6 1973-1979 F100, F150, F250, F350

Old 10-19-2015, 03:51 PM

hjagnew is on a distinguished road
Gen 6 supercab brake cable

Would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction for finding replacement brake cables for a 77 F-150 supercab? (155wb) I foolishly got the E brake cable set from LMC, and didn't take in to account that the SC would need different length. I don't have the old cables to be able to measure lengths.

Thank you
Jared
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2015, 09:35 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to FTF. The parking brake cable is in two parts; front and rear. I am assuming that both pieces would be longer, but I don't know for sure. Mac's Antique Auto Parts lists both, but they distinguish between 2WD, 4WD. The link is below. I would suggest other sources than LMC.

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_tr...king+brake&p=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 10-20-2015, 07:34 AM
73-79 Ford Trucks Rock

Big Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the rough
Did you try the local auto parts stores for your Emergency brake cables? Check Advance auto parts, NAPA, and Autozone. Also check with your local Ford Dealer, they just might have someone there that can look that up for you, and they might be able to see what other years might interchange with yours. I'm assuming that your f-150 Super Cab has the 8 foot bed on it judging by the length of the wheelbase at 155 inches. Hopefully this will help you
Old 10-21-2015, 09:16 PM

hjagnew is on a distinguished road
Thank you for the replies. I've taken a shot in the dark during the day today, since I couldn't find my way back to this thread. I'm hoping that Wagner brake parts aren't junk. It looks from the Wagner page that the rear brake cables may be the same between the 133,139,155 wheelbase. I'm assuming this because they only specifically differentiate the wheelbase for the front cable. http://www.wagnerbrake.com/find-my-part (1977-ford-f150) When it arrives (3-5 days), we will give it a shot. If that doesn't work I'll try the Ford dealership or Mac's Antique. (thanks big jim f150 and fatherdoug)
Old 10-21-2015, 09:39 PM

cbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjagnew View Post
Thank you for the replies. I've taken a shot in the dark during the day today, since I couldn't find my way back to this thread. I'm hoping that Wagner brake parts aren't junk. It looks from the Wagner page that the rear brake cables may be the same between the 133,139,155 wheelbase. I'm assuming this because they only specifically differentiate the wheelbase for the front cable. http://www.wagnerbrake.com/find-my-part (1977-ford-f150) When it arrives (3-5 days), we will give it a shot. If that doesn't work I'll try the Ford dealership or Mac's Antique. (thanks big jim f150 and fatherdoug)
How much is of the cable parts are gone?
I know my truck has a swing arm devise in which 2 cables split off through
turn buckles.

Im not a bum,Im on vacation!....

Tags
e break cable, gen6, supercab