Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Impressed by my own truck?

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Hello there folks. Just some thoughts here for the I6 guys.

If any of you have been following my posts, you'll find I don't follow the hype the 300 fan's give this popular motor. I am a fan but I don't worship the motor. One of my biggest complaints has been lack of power. I've been pretty disgusted with the ole' girl lately for this reason. Well today I climbed into my truck kind of peeved off at some things and decided I wasn't going to baby my truck any more; I was going to work my aggression out via my throttle (never a smart mentality).

Well I romped on her good. I didn't abuse the truck but I did push it fairly hard. I kept an eye on my tach; I was launching impressively hard, all under 2,500 rpm. I was barking my tires left and right and even had a tire-screeching moment coming off the line at half throttle.

I merely haven't DRIVEN the truck hard enough to really feel the power there. I honestly didn't think my truck had that kind of guts. Now that I know the power is there I'll go back to being easy on it.

Before you V-8 guys pipe up and say you bark your tires everywhere you go, etc etc etc.. I'm not saying my truck has 351 power. I'm just saying for an I6 my truck really surprised me today.

I guess I've just been babying the truck for so long I forgot the 300 does have some guts. I'd hate to know the amount of fuel I used in that short time though!! lol.

From now on I'll just keep my mouth shut when I see someone bragging about their 300's "power".

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
My motto...drive it like you stole. My grampa always told me for a Ford to be happy you had to drive it like it was a $3 hooker...regardless of the engine.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
My tires don't screech everywhere I got...unless I want em to.....by gears aren't low enough for the 33's but the I6 has gobs of low end power,you've just gotta open it out....."cleaning the carbon" is what a cop told me one time,as he handed me a ticket.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
my truck it screeches tires often depending on the weather. but i have a little cam and exhaust. and its a 351W. but still though. i really really wish i could have your rear end 'smiliedoh' well the gears and locker. yall know what i mean.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
ive got several on youtube but those were before i got the truck running completely right so it doesnt lope on those. but ever since i got the truck fully tuned up and cleaned my IAC it lopes a lil bit. it still needs a new IAC though. i expect even more when i get a new IAC.

radialarm

Clown of Death!

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Sadly my truck screeches around the corners here are campus just cause the limited slip doesn't wanna slip on the concrete. But i'm glad you're having fun with your truck!

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Thanks for all the replies gentlemen!!

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles