Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

87 F250

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
2k???? Wowza. What's leaking though? Might be helpful posting that...cuz from the lack of description, it could be a coolant leak from a warped head or cracked block or a valve cover gasket or oil pan gasket that needs replacing.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
i've dropped to 1700.... and taylor... if you know of a way of getting me 1500 for it... ill take it....

has a new fuel pump on it now..

ben i priced it around that price thats what most trucks are pulling here in similar condition except mine needs paint...

leaks a lil bit of oil from timing chain cover.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm gonna say this as constructively as I can, but that ad is not very becoming of the truck. And my personal opinion, spend the $50 and couple hours in gaskets and seals and stop the leaks.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Gotta agree with Ben

I don't think people are gonna spend $2500 with the way you describe it in the ad.

What about trading it in - maybe you might find a guy who desperately wants out of his higher priced truck .... possibly you could swap him yours and take over his payments..... just some thoughts.

primetime

sawmill slave
Not being mean, but, it didn`t sell at 1700, so why would you raise the price? And you really should do something about the grammar.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Question about the electric choke:

elec choke has stopped working so have to spray either down the carb

If it runs, I assume that means the choke is stuck open. In which case, why would you need ether??? Just sit there with your foot on the gas to raise it to 1000-1200rpm until it's warm.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I was wondering the same thing.

x3

Why not fix the simple issues? Honestly i would not buy a truck with simple issues listed for $2500 because I would wonder about what major issues there could be if an owner wont fix simple ones. Not being mean just saying what i would be looking at when reading an ad like that.

Like you said in other thread... If your time is worth money put some time in so maybe you can get some decent money for the truck.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles