Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My rebuild thread w/ lots of pictures

Here's some pics of what I found. The leaf spring bushings are gone:

F250_leaf_sidexside.jpg

F250_leaf1.jpg

I need to get some after pics because is was too dark when I was done - here's some in progress pics:

F250_side1.jpg

F250_side1.jpg

And a panoramic close up of the leaf and suspension:

f250_pano1.png

It's been a while, but now that the weather is turning decent I was bale to finally get out and work a little on the truck.

Coated the cab floor with POR-15 today:

Pre cleanup:

IMG_0031.jpg

Use the Marine Clean to degrease and clean the surface, then use the Metal Ready to etch the surface:

IMG_0032.jpg

Post cleanup and metal prep:

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

After the POR-15:

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

Used about half of the 1 pint of POR-15 for the floor and firewall. Molded rubber floor showed up yesterday, so now I need to get working on getting the inside roof POR-15'd and then I can install the floor, then make a headliner.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks good man. I thought for sure that would take more POR than that though.

Thanks!

So did I, but that was one full coat put on with a foam brush. If it's as tough as I hear, one coat should do the trick. It sure doesn't wear off your skin very quickly...

Oh and the next job I need to work on the driver side kingpin assembly :hammer:

Looks geat ! .Your floor was in a little better shape then mine was.
I buy the por 15 in the six pack of 4 ounce cans. Because once you open a can it supposed to lose all its shelf life.

Thanks all!

Since I needed to get it out of the driveway to make room for my VW bus project, I had to finish up the floor and get the seat belts back in, and reinstall the shifters - I threw in a couple of cheap floor mats too:

Floor installed, just a few small wrinkles and creases that should smooth out over time. FTR, this is the LMC 1/8" molded floor kit - it came with a small cut of jute to cover the footwell area and then it needed to be cut to fit. Pretty easy install, just time consuming.

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_3459.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

Just a few interior bits left to finish this off.

Been a while here, but here's an update.

It's been running fine, but the wipers have never worked, and blinkers kind of work. So it was time to address those issues.

I spent time pulling the dash and cluster apart, and found just some corroded wire and connectors on the blinker relay. The hazard relay is completely missing :0

And the wiper motor is a real bit*ch to get out. But after getting it out I found it was frozen and wouldn't move at all. So I need to replace that as well.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The wiper motor does suck to get at!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts