Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cruise parts for a 97

I'm trying to add cruise control to my 97 F-250 HD. I found a guy that has a servo for sale, he says it's out of a '92. Is this the right part for my truck?

27c51f8bb8601a73662b889090b914ed.jpg

659ca9086f8e91178556a512795a120d.jpg

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
I don't have the exact answer, but there are a few ways to probably get it.

a) go to car-part.com (online JY search for US, Canada and Mexico), search for that fort for your model year and if 92 pops up, you're in business.

b) call a JY and ask. All JY's of any significant size have access to Hollander Interchange.

c) for kicks google the FULL part number on his and yours, and see if there is anything to be learned.

In the pic, do you know for certain that the part you want looks like that, especially the connector? I ask because, in 1996 the Feds required all autos sold in the US to use OBD-II, and with this in mind and knowing that vehicle speed data is needed by the cruise, it *might* make a difference. If you know that both a 92 and a 97 used speed data generated by the VSS on top of the pumpkin on the rear axle, your odds of an interchange will go up significantly.

I hope this helps, keep us posted on your project.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts