Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

97 F-250 seats

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with the seats in the truck I just bought. The previous owner gave me two driver side seats, one passenger side, a center console (the plastic box) and one center seat console. I'm not sure any of them are actually for this truck.

The driver seat is mounted. The front two bolts appear to be correct, but the rear holes are too far forward of the studs. They drilled and bolted one side down, but the bracket is bent inward. The entire seat is also shifted toward the middle of the truck, when you sit in it the right side of the wheel is about centered with your chest.

2cd0ebe07b4b1d5e01443ab97ac980b8.jpg

6f248c85d9d249b94fd19e94eec6ef0e.jpg

fa92bbe07ad45b37baea62ed830ebcda.jpg

The passenger side is a bigger mess. They had an 1/8" plate pop riveted to the floor with the seat bolted to it. The whole thing flopped around so I removed it to fix it properly.

0a12c7432d5607aabc4ad7349cd3cf88.jpg

Passenger side floor. What I'm trying to figure out is how to fix this. I'm not sure I even have the correct seats, I seem to recall my '94 having a different release mechanism on the side to tilt it for the rear seat access. That would also explain the seat rails being too short and the width being off. Any thoughts?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If I recall correctly...97 was the transition year from the older body style to the newer...and there were 2 versions of the F250..the light and heavy duty models..pretty sure the interior components were not interchangeable.

I could be wrong....I'm old and my memory sucks for things like that.

I think that was '98. They made the light duty seven lug F-250 and didn't offer any diesel that year because the super duty came out in '99.

What little I can find looks like the regular cab trucks had shorter rails than the extended cab, so I suspect these seats are out of a reg cab. That still doesn't explain why the driver seat is offset to one side, but I think I'm just going to try and find a replacement set out of a junkyard and do whatever fab work needs to be done. These are pretty shot anyway.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It was 97 for sure as that was when I ordered my first new truck...I remember it as I didn't want the new body style.

My 97 was an F350 7.3..and it was offered in the F250 heavy duty.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts