Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

leaf spring shackle to frame bushing

Hello all,

I have searched the net, called energy suspension, and bronco graveyard and still can not find a lead for the shackle to frame bushing.

My header has cooked the original bushing. I am installing new headers but need to fix this bushing in the process.

Does anyone know of a part number or source? This is the for the shackle to frame. everything i find is for the leaf spring eyes.

Thanks again,
Chris

Last edited:
Sorry about that,, I have ten things going at one time.

1978 f250 4wd supercab.

I ordered the last two sk6530 from rock auto. at 5$ it is ok if it does not fit.

My local spring shop pulled the number 4.2130 from energy suspension.
It does not look right from the pics but then again it might be a stock photo.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/4.2130

Thanks,
Chris

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
No sweat...I will have a look in my parts book tomorrow and see if I can find a number that could be crossed to something.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I didn't get a chance to look today...I will for sure tomorow.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
This is all I could come up with:

20151109_185156.jpg

I received the bushings from rock auto yesterday,

I hope to cut and shorten the header collector so i can get to the bolt, remove the casting and figure this out.

The closer i look at the set up, i am surprised nothing has failed. the bushing is completely gone and the bolt is metal on metal.

I will post a few pics for the project and results.

Chris

correct part

I pressed in a new bushing and it is correct.

I used a McQuay-Norris SK6530. Perfect fit.

now i have another problem,,,, I think i might have a frame issue that has been pushing the axle to the passenger side.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts