Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Saw this and HAD to share

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Presumably (hopefully) he wanted what he built.

Full crew-cab, open bed, and a short wheelbase that's easy to drive. It's not my thing, but I can (kinda) see the appeal. Back seats come in handy, CC/LB trucks are a pain to park in crowded areas, and if you don't need the bed space (or don't mind hauling a trailer) why deal with it?

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I have wanted to do the same thing for a long time. You can haul 5 people, and have a wheelbase the same as a reg cab longbed truck.

I don't see that truck being designed for offroad, but thats why I would want it. You have a fullsize people hauler that is more maneuverable than a regular crew cab. I have seen a few of them done, one was a 79, and the other was another 95ish. I like it.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Nah Tony not someone I know...and actually the engine he has in there is a 6.9 NA with a 5 speed......I'm not a fan of big wheels either but sometimes they look fitting.....Like most people he just wanted to do something different and make his truck...."his" truck.....look at me for instance....I get ALOT of flak for lifting a 2wd Flareside...but I did it to be different......if the owner of a truck is happy with what they've done to each his own......it's nice to not go down the road and say...wow that looks JUST like mine!

Not bad, I wouldn't have cut so much from the front of the bed and rather section the bed equally on both sides. I don't like how the front of the fender well is basically even with the front of the bed. Not quite my style but I can appreciate his work.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I still like this better....

newtruck.jpg

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
smilieIagreesmiliewhathesaid

but as has already been stated... if he likes it, that's all that matters.

Yep.Exactly.I'm sure alot of people wouldn't like the fact that I put 92-96 wheels on my truck,or the fact that I switched the interior color from saddle to black,but I like it,and that's what matters.

But at least my truck still looks good.:D lol..

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I believe the idea is to minimize the wheelbase for off-roading. There is a guy on UC that has a very similar truck and he's big into wheeling it.

CIMG4463.jpg

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I believe the idea is to minimize the wheelbase for off-roading. There is a guy on UC that has a very similar truck and he's big into wheeling it.

Now that makes sense.I still don't like it though.How many people actually take a bunch of people wheeling with them?I mean,most guys have their own trucks,and I guess you can take your family,but there's not alot of women out there that like going through the mud or over rocks.I wonder how many times these two guys(and all the others with similar trucks)make use out of the extra set of doors?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I seldom have family members in my truck and I use my rear doors ALL the time. The extra cargo room in the back seat is awesome. Yeah I can throw stuff in the bed but often times it's easier to throw it in the back seat and not worry about tying it down or worry about it blowing away in the wind. Perhaps these guys who modified their trucks just wanted a short wheel base truck for wheeling, and wanted a crew cab truck otherwise. Can't afford 2 trucks? Combine them!

I also happen to know that the guy with the above truck has a wife and baby, so maybe he needed the crew cab for a baby seat? [confused]

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Yep.Exactly.I'm sure alot of people wouldn't like the fact that I put 92-96 wheels on my truck,or the fact that I switched the interior color from saddle to black,but I like it,and that's what matters.

But at least my truck still looks good.:D lol..

Yup! smiliegitrdone

Yeah, that makes total sense, but why not just get a short bed crew cab? heck.. their everywhere now days. Seems like it would be easier than shortening it THAT much.. whats another couple feet? if it's that important.. just get a jeep and forget it IMO :suspicious:

Now that makes sense.I still don't like it though.How many people actually take a bunch of people wheeling with them?I mean,most guys have their own trucks,and I guess you can take your family,but there's not alot of women out there that like going through the mud or over rocks.I wonder how many times these two guys(and all the others with similar trucks)make use out of the extra set of doors?

You would be surprised how many wives/GF's go wheelin' with their husbands/BF's, and how many of them offroad themselves! smiliegitrdone

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
You would be surprised how many wives/GF's go wheelin' with their husbands/BF's, and how many of them offroad themselves! smiliegitrdone

Yea,that's a rare site down here in my town.Most of the women here nag til the cows come home about anything and everything.Not many would join their husbands on an offroading trip.An even bigger number wouldn't let her husbands go in the first place.Women are no fun in my town.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Yea,that's a rare site down here in my town.Most of the women here nag til the cows come home about anything and everything.Not many would join their husbands on an offroading trip.An even bigger number wouldn't let her husbands go in the first place.Women are no fun in my town.

look on almost all the offroading websites pictures around here, almost all are family's. Nothing to hard core though, just some trail riding mainly..

I know of quiet a few girls that have fourwheelers and 4x4's and USE them... smiliegitrdone

(most of them aren't married, and some dont even have BF's)

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
look on almost all the offroading websites pictures around here, almost all are family's. Nothing to hard core though, just some trail riding mainly..

I know of quiet a few girls that have fourwheelers and 4x4's and USE them... smiliegitrdone

(most of them aren't married, and some dont even have BF's)

Maybe I should consider moving.lol.You can't find that here.

on that purple truck, i dont think the wheelbase was shortened.. it looks like he added the 2 more doors and cut the bed down.. look at where the wheel wells are..

the fact that it is lifted will also give the illusion that the wheel base is shorter

Note to self: Never move to Belleview,FL

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member

CIMG4463.jpg

I spy HUMVEE wheels...On another note my Fiancee wheels with me...she gets ticked if I DON'T take her along...also crewcabs as an offroad vehicle are also not JUST for hauling people.....you can throw a single person air mattress back there and sleep on it.....

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts