Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

84/92 F350 Cab Swap

I purchased a 92 F350 for the flat bed. The engine has 240K on it and no title. It has a 460 FI w/4.10 rear end 5 speed trans. I measured the frame and they are the same width. My question is can I swap the cabs and will the bolt holes fit. My goal is to swap the cab and engine from the 84. The 84 has a 460 carbureted. Also If I do that will the linkage for the clutch match up. I presume that the motor mounts will match. The 4.10 rear and 5 speed trans would work great for towing my cattle trailers etc. I have a bill of sale so there would be no problem with registration etc. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Cab is similar, but not the same.
doors on the 84 will bolt on the 92, but not the other way.
the pedal brackets are different, especially if you have a manual
Wiring will have to be changed over from whatever you go with, there are way too many differences between the 2 years
Front clip, and bumper will have to come from the new truck, the front of the cabs are different, as is the front of the frame

The serial number is on the cabs under the windshield with special rivets, and in most states, you take both titles to the MVA, and have the truck inspected, they issue it a new serial number

I have changed cabs between the years before, it can be done.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Oh, and the 460's are 2 different generations, and very few parts interchange.

I was hoping that the frames were the same and I could completely remove the 92 cab all together as one unit and replace it with the 84. That way I would not have to swap parts out. TX

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Frames where the cabs sit are the same.
up front.... not so much

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts