Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Semi Stupid Question

Been a Ford guy since i was poppen green in my diapers (26 yrs now). Anyway, I was cruzin craigslist for a donor truck for my Bronco to he revived this winter.

Read the add and what struck me odd was the 351P. Aint no such thing is there? 351P? We got C, M and W, but a P.... :suspicious:

Correct me if I'm wrong. It's happened before.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
P is for "potentially stupid seller" :D

Oh, a quick search returns that P is a code for the P heads.

Unless it was an aussie import motor as they made and fitted 302 and 351 clevelands to f100 and falcons from 1972 through to 1982

Bill should have more info on the dates but have a look at the link below to see some

"go faster" bits

http://www.ausfordparts.com/

And just for interest sake as i know Chris has a 351c and is interested in the history of them here is good link to read

http://www.aus-ford-uk.co.uk/html/engines.html

Last edited:
351 Clevelands were only made 70-74... and were never put in trucks... the seller is a complete and utter dumbass.

Yeah, I figured that, LMFAO!! I was more interested in the whole 351P thing. HAHA!! Never herd of that one.

I knew 351Cs where only produced for a few years. And car production only(in the USA). I want to email the guy and tell him he's full of shite (funny irish accent)

Fellro

Staff member
68k 1979 ford f150 351 2 barrel carb, Matching vin to motor and trans plow ready new front hubs and brakes all new rear springs new wood on bed she is rusty but it always starts. 1500 or best offer 351 clevland motor. This motor is a 351 P engine only 500 made by ford, This truck has matching vin to chassi. this is a very rear restoration project let me know. with plow blade

Where to begin, wow! So much bs, the waders aren't going to be enough! Vin's didn't get matched just yet as far as actually stamping it on the block, so then the only 500 made statement, it surely would not have been factory installed in a run of the mill F150... Then as stated, a C motor (not p, probably heard wrong... lol) was not factory installed in the trucks. If he means the vin on the door matches the frame, that isn't any too hard...

My favorite part is the very rear restoration, I bet! You take it up the rear from his bs! Although, around here, that really isn't bad money for the run of the ill plow truck... I highly doubt it is just 68,000 miles either...

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
My guess is that I've commonly seen the 'P' associated with 'police' engines. Which I believe is still incorrect because I thought they were denoted as an interceptor. Regardless, this ad is about 12 ways from Sunday wrong. But if I had to throw guess out there, I'd say the engine was probably out of a squad car and swapped in...and the seller doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

My guess is that I've commonly seen the 'P' associated with 'police' engines. Which I believe is still incorrect because I thought they were denoted as an interceptor. Regardless, this ad is about 12 ways from Sunday wrong. But if I had to throw guess out there, I'd say the engine was probably out of a squad car and swapped in...and the seller doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

BINGO! smiliewhathesaid

Ford Truck Articles