Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thunder's Heart Transplant

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
After becoming completely immovable and knocking like a sonuvagun...Thunder was put out to pasture. I was able to snag this 10,000 mile 460 that's been under plastic for over a decade. Came out of a wrecked 96 350 4x4. Traded a rear power slider window and a couple hundred for it. Rolls over well, has the entire harness and computer. Hoping to get the old one out and new one in before the house sells...wish me luck. As time and money allows, I've been toying with an efi build that Kris and Paul (Left Eye Blind racing and fabrication) put together for me. Maybe after the 70 460 build.

image414.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks...will do. Will probably be a few months before I send the original off for building...after I recover from the 70 460 build. Comp offers exactly one cam for the speed density 460. But Cali did have MAF 460's...so I'm hoping I can buy the swap parts new...otherwise I'll get creative with W stuff. It'll open up cam choice...and then the limiting factor is stock fueling...and tops out at about 350hp...unless I wanna drop 2k in upgrades...which I really don't wanna do. In the mean time, should be plug and play and I'll be stoked to get her back on the road.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts