Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

73-79's ..Working Trucks Today

yep they even work while they sit.

cid_0520111512.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I love seeing these trucks still working. Makes you wonder if the owners recognize that they could be holding onto a pot of gold down the road...

I still wish I had my camera the day I saw a 78 Long bed almost dragging the ground hauling concrete tools and forming material pulling a construction trailer.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I love seeing these old rigs still running and working! I wish we could have more on here...not many in my neck of the woods.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Cool! I'd like to see pictures of you guys putting your gen. 6 stuff to work!

If I find me a good trail, ill show ya mine working reallll good! :D

Ken - we've got the best dentside owners right here on FTF; I couldn't ask for more!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Towing two trailers:

towing2trailers.jpg

Hauling 16 ft. decking:

lumber02.jpg

That's about the extent of the work mine has done with the exception of hauling smaller things here and there.

This lady (Myrna) is in her 80's and uses her rig as an office for Horseshoe competitions she runs, around Alberta.
She bought new and is presently in mint condition for its age.

myrna.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
If I find me a good trail, ill show ya mine working reallll good! :D

Ken - we've got the best dentside owners right here on FTF; I couldn't ask for more!

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

Towing two trailers:

towing2trailers.jpg

Hauling 16 ft. decking:

lumber02.jpg

That's about the extent of the work mine has done with the exception of hauling smaller things here and there.

Very cool!

This lady (Myrna) is in her 80's and uses her rig as an office for Horseshoe competitions she runs, around Alberta.
She bought new and is presently in mint condition for its age.

myrna.jpg

Cool.....I didn't know they mounted tires on the front like that...or is that custom?

Thanks for sharing guys! I'd love to see more.

This pic of me workin the old girl was at the end of the camping season last year. Not only was I haulin a 10 800 pound 31 foot trailer, but a load of birtch my dad couldn't pass up. The trailer in the pic is my wifes aunts. I'm haulin my 27 foot out on tuesday.
IMG_9548.jpg

IMG_9550.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
And my question is how many rigs today will still be working 30-40 years from now. My guess is not many...not because they'll be any less capable, but because they'll be too difficult and too expensive to maintain.

Cool! I'd like to see pictures of you guys putting your gen. 6 stuff to work!

Red's hauled around a couple engines for me:
New_400.jpg

Not so much a tough job, but she's on the clock:
DSC01234.JPG

Just finished stacking this after Red hauled it home:
http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4827

And I can't seem to find it, but Red has a pic floating around here taking a load to the dump.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Precious cargo in my dent!!!

And my question is how many rigs today will still be working 30-40 years from now. My guess is not many...not because they'll be any less capable, but because they'll be too difficult and too expensive to maintain.

Red's hauled around a couple engines for me:
New_400.jpg

Not so much a tough job, but she's on the clock:
DSC01234.JPG

Just finished stacking this after Red hauled it home:
http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4827

And I can't seem to find it, but Red has a pic floating around here taking a load to the dump.

Pretty cool....reminded me of the parade my dent was in last summer. I pulled my sister-in-law's private school float....super fun!

CHECK OUT THE PRECIOUS CARGO:

100_5986.JPG

100_5991.JPG

100_5990.JPG

100_5988.JPG

100_5987.JPG

Cool thread. :)

My '75 F150 got loaded higher than "level full" yesterday
and will get unloaded with another trip into town today.

With the T18 and Traction Lok it had no trouble backing
out of the steep dirt driveways etc either. Got a load
of A/C repair stuff (acetylene/oxygen) and scrap metal.
Funny combination huh? LOL :)

Alvin in AZ

Hauled my sled and trailor to the cabin with all the gear as well (piled around sled over the roof).

Last edited:

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Last weekend I hauled 60 bags of soil and manure (each bag weighs around 60lb) as well as 6 50lb bags of post hole cement. Burt liked it.

Sorry I've been off line for a couple months guys. My mother, who I have been taking care of for 23 years (she was my best friend..) passed away the day after my birthday in March and my life turned upside down .... Just getting back "on track" with my world!

Dak

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
This was beginning to happen too often, so Burt only gets used to haul occasionally now... I sold the travel trailer also and am going to a motorhome for camping now :-( I had a LOT of good times camping with Burt, but a 4,000lb camper is just too much for him now..

DSCN1251.JPG

Dak

Ford Truck Articles