Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Confused 05 6.0 sd duelly 4x4 issue

First id like to say hello and ty for running this site i have an issue with my diesel and i hope someone may know the remedy.

2 days ago out deer hunting i had to go around a massive hole and proceeded to bury my duelly after getting it unstuck i had an issue getting it out of 4 low...which is all better now thank god.

but now since this episode as of yesterday morning i cannot get it to ingage in 4 high or low could it possible be a blown fuse that runs the switch or am i looking at bigger issues there is no noise nothing just wont ingage

any help would be greatly appreciated ..ty in advance

Well first I'd like to welcome you to FTF. Second, I'm going to move your post to the Gen. 1 Superduty forum where someone knowledgeable with Superduties will be able to give some advice.

i ty

Thank you sir i hope someone there might be able to shed some light on this issue and i just wanted to say very nice site its set up very well.

Again ty

not now it doesnt it did yesterday morning i had to put it in and the 4x4 light came on but tonight when i needed 4 hi it didnt go into 4 wheel or anything no noise like it even tried no light...

one thing i should also mention is that after i got it out i had to back thru another good size water hole. water was deep enough to make the air filter need to be changed and i did that. i think i need to dry it out it has been non stop rain monsoons here in upstate ny and now temp went down today and now snowing so maybe its just wet and needs to be put inside to dry out?

We've got some real knowledgeable folks here that in time should weigh in on the subject but if I was to guess, you have a blown fuse.....If that's it, what caused it is the question. Is it just wet, could be or you could have knocked a connection loose too....Let's see what others might have to say...

blacksnapon

Staff member
The light not coming on tells me there is a power supply issue (fuse). The auto hubs are prone to vacuum leaks from the hub seals (especially after running through water or soupy mud. Do you only have defrost (no vent or floor)?

no heater issues at all everything works normally but one thing i did see is when i turned on my dash lights the 2wd 4hi 4 lo lights didnt come on on the dash panel seems like the light is shorting out behind the dash panel

ok i will put it in our auto craft garage tomorrow and raise it up and let the heat circulate around it and let it dry out see if that helps. i do know 1 thing. it will never see stuff like that again. .

update
well i bought a new switch and put it in and still not working can anyone tell me where the shift motor is that may need to be changed and how much do they run in price?

blacksnapon

Staff member
update
well i bought a new switch and put it in and still not working can anyone tell me where the shift motor is that may need to be changed and how much do they run in price?
If you're sure the power supply is ok (fuses) there is a 4x4 control module behind the glovebox. Theres 2 connectors on it.

I am having the same issue with mine. I checked all of my fuses and they are good. I think I am having vacuum problems also, I tracked the lines to the hub and they look good. I think I need to locate a vacuum gauge and check that. If you find a solution could you please post, I will return the favor. We might be able to save some major time and cash.

I did the same thing. I took mine out and got it dirty and now my 4x4 doesn't work. I sure miss manual hubs and floor shifters..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts