Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Warranty Coverage Limits

I was reading a post on this board and I read something that contradicted what I understood my warranty coverage to be. The way I read it from the dealer lot you get 3yr/36K bumper to bumper, 5yr/60K powertrain, and if you have a diesel 5yr/100K on the engine only. In other words if you put in excess of 60K on your truck within the initial 5 years of ownership the diesel engine is still covered. I read my warranty book again and that is still the way that I understand it.... I may however be reading this incorrectly.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
IIRC that is correct for your 2007, in addition you also have the 5/50k Safety restraint system and the 5/unlimited corrosion, and the emissions warranty which varies if you live in CA.
What was your concern about the warranty?

I just went over 36K and I recently read the book to make sure I understood what remained under coverage. Then I was reading along another thread on this forum and somebody stated that after the 3/36 expired all that was covered was the engine. Truck is running great. Just had the rear caliper replaced under warranty about two weeks ago. Besides that..... Flawless!

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Okay great, note SD built prior to July 06 IIRC do not have the 5/50k powertrain warranty. The 5/50 powertrain warranty was an adder i believe in July 06 by FMC, Ernie would remember the exact date.

Thanks for the reply. My build date is 05/06. The warranty book on flmowner.com that comes up under my truck icon is the 5th revision. The one in my glove box is the 3rd revision.

Last edited:

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Thanks for the reply. My build date is 05/06. The warranty book on flmowner.com that comes up under my truck icon is the 5th revision. The one in my glove box is the 3rd revision.

With a build date of 5/06 your truck maybe an 2006. As far as warrenty you have your 3/36 bumper to bumper and 5/100 diesel, if I remember correctly 07 and up have the 5/50 powertrain on them.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
With a build date of 5/06 your truck maybe an 2006.

I was thinking the samething Dave. He made need to have an Oasis pulled to see what the warranty is on his particular truck.

It was definitely sold as an '07 I still have the sticker. Some of this is important for another reason.... If I have to account for something unforeseen going wrong with my truck that means putting a few bucks aside in the event that it does ya know?

Now for something really important. Dave I have to ask... Which way do you go Red Sox or Yankees? Secondly if Red Sox was the answer are you a Yankee hater or do you get behind the division?

Last edited:

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
It was definitely sold as an '07 I still have the sticker. Some of this is important for another reason.... If I have to account for something unforeseen going wrong with my truck that means putting a few bucks aside in the event that it does ya know?

Now for something really important. Dave I have to ask... Which way do you go Red Sox or Yankees? Secondly if Red Sox was the answer are you a Yankee hater or do you get behind the division?

The OASIS idea is the best one- remember, it doesn't matter when the truck was sold, but when it was made that counts. The other option is to buy an extended warranty, which I believe you still can do.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
The OASIS idea is the best one- remember, it doesn't matter when the truck was sold, but when it was made that counts. The other option is to buy an extended warranty, which I believe you still can do.

The warrenty on the truck doesn't start untill the truck is sold (new) for example if the dealer had a 06 on the lot untill 08 and then sold it the warrenty starts in 08. I only know this because we have ambulances built in 03 but didn't sell till 04 so there still covered.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut

I really don't follow baseball, and am definatly not a Sox fan!. Im into the football GO GIANTS lol......

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
The warrenty on the truck doesn't start untill the truck is sold (new) for example if the dealer had a 06 on the lot untill 08 and then sold it the warrenty starts in 08. I only know this because we have ambulances built in 03 but didn't sell till 04 so there still covered.

Right- I'm aware of that. But the model year would determine the terms of the warranty coverage, not the date sold. This only gets important if there were changes to warranty coverage. For example, '05 GM products had a 36/50 powertrain coverage, '06's went to 5/100. Doesn't matter if the '05 got sold in '06, it still carries the '05 coverage.

Bottom line, that's why OASIS is handy, since it outlines coverage.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Right- I'm aware of that. But the model year would determine the terms of the warranty coverage, not the date sold. This only gets important if there were changes to warranty coverage. For example, '05 GM products had a 36/50 powertrain coverage, '06's went to 5/100. Doesn't matter if the '05 got sold in '06, it still carries the '05 coverage.

Bottom line, that's why OASIS is handy, since it outlines coverage.

You are correct. smilieIagree

Dave if you want I will PM you with my VIN #. I am more of football fan as well although my team was sold to Baltimore back in '96..... So much for that.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Here is 07 warrenty info.

Bumper-to-Bumper (1) - Lincoln
(1) Some B-to-B parts have limited coverage available:
3 years / 36,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
4 years / 50,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
5 years / 60,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
a) Brake pads/linings are limited to 12/18,000 mile coverage
b) Wheel alignment and wheel balance are limited to 12/12,000 coverage
c) Windshields replaced for stress cracks are limited to 12 months coverage
d) Windshield Wiper blades are limited to 12 months coverage
e) Tires are prorated after 12 months in-service
Powertrain* - Ford & Mercury
Powertrain* - Lincoln
5 years / 60,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
6 years / 70,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
- Trucks w/ GVW over 8500 lbs
- Ford Mercury & Light Duty Trucks
5 years / 50,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
Safety Restraint*
5 years / unlimited miles
(2) Powertrain Limited Warranty coverage is provided on eligible vehicles delivered to customers in Puerto Rico, US Virgin
Islands, Guam, American Samoa, Saipan and the State of Florida. Vehicle deliveries in all other states are covered by a 5-
Year/100,000 Mile Ford Powertrain Extended Service Contract
- includes: eCVT Transaxle, High Voltage 8 years / 100,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
Battery and DC/DC Converter
Corrosion Perforation*
Focus Powertrain (2)* ($100 deductible)
- Certain Emissions Parts
- 6.0L Diesel Parts 5 years / 50,000 miles or 5 years / 100,000 miles
8 years / 80,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
California Emissions Defect*:
- Trucks GT 14,000 GVW
- 7/70 covered Parts
- Focus/Fusion/Milan PZEV Parts
- Cars & Light Trucks LE 14,000 GVW 3 years / 50,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
5 years / 50,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
7 years / 70,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
15 years / 150,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
- Escape/Mariner Hybrid Parts
- 6.0L Diesel LE 14,000 GVW
- 6.0L Diesel GT 14,000 GVW
* Verify specific part eligibility using Parts Coverage look-up tool via OASIS or the Parts Coverage Directory
15 years / 150,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
3 years / 50,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
5 years / 100,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
3 years / 36,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
4 years / 50,000 miles (whichever occurs first)
Federal Emissions Defect*:
- Lincoln Vehicles
6.0L Diesel Engine* (no deductible)
Hybrid - Unique Components*:

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Dave,

Correct me if i am wrong but i was of the understanding, that with the 6.0 PSD at least, some of the extended warranty periods of the 07 MY did not apply to trucks produced prior to July 2006, hence the reason for needing to run the vehicles VIN to pull actual warranty coverage.

Alright having read that it would be fair to say that my Powertrain is covered out to 5yrs/60K. Not sure I understand the 6yr/70K thing listed under unless that applies to the Lincoln version of the F-150???

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Dave,

Correct me if i am wrong but i was of the understanding, that with the 6.0 PSD at least, some of the extended warranty periods of the 07 MY did not apply to trucks produced prior to July 2006, hence the reason for needing to run the vehicles VIN to pull actual warranty coverage.

I think that is correct, before we replace any parts we have to enter the base part # into the oasis and it'll let us know if it's covered. They used to list the extended plans on the oasis report but have stoped that so it's had to tell who has what now unless we run a part #.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
I think that is correct, before we replace any parts we have to enter the base part # into the oasis and it'll let us know if it's covered. They used to list the extended plans on the oasis report but have stoped that so it's had to tell who has what now unless we run a part #.

Nothing like FMC making the techs life even more difficult, argh.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Nothing like FMC making the techs life even more difficult, argh.

Not to mention the owners life. I think, for most folks anyways, it would be nice to know upfront if a broken part was covered or not.

Probably simplify life all around, owners, dealers, service writers, techs...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts