Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

48 Ford F-6 Car hauler photos

Interesting.......I was unaware that truck was around still. I believe it was early to mid 50's. I just don't know that much about the other years than the 48-50 I have. I spent so much time working on mine, I just didn't have time to learn about the other years

Last edited:
according to the wiki it is a 51. I don't know if the facts are correct about who owns it now. The lady had signed proof with the VIN.

Maybe there was more than one used or something.

The truck driven in the series is a 1951 Ford, which is still functional as of July 2006 and used by its owner, Donald Dimmitt of Dimmitts Auto Salvage, a real-life junk dealer in Marshall County, Indiana.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanford_and_Son

according to the wiki it is a 51. I don't know if the facts are correct about who owns it now. The lady had signed proof with the VIN.

Maybe there was more than one used or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanford_and_Son

I should add...the lady posted pics of hers. Other than way older and rougher shape it looked just like it. She posted pics taken from the show and pics of hers. Every dent in the show was identical to hers.

It had been repainted at some point in time. She took paint thinner to the doors and the original text was on them. The one side with black under the text and the other written in different text. It looked like the original to me.

Interesting Trivia!!! I'm glad I asked about it now. Well gotta get some sleep. Talk later

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Just speechless . I don't care what motor they have in them .If it was something that was going to be scraped and they saved it its fine with me.

We used to have 3 of those and 2 chebys on the hill . None of which could be salvaged . Wrecked ,rusted trashed, trees through them . No windows or anything . But they were cool

Ford Truck Articles