Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How Not to Launch a Boat with a Ranger

This is not the way to launch your boat......always set the brake before getting out of the cab. I got this pic off of a St. Louis area boating website...

Attachments

• Ford Truck Sunk (Medium).JPG

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I could have so many similar pictures from the boat launch at Tan-Tar-A Resort!! So many idiots, so little film!!!! :rofl:

Fellro

Staff member
That must be the amphibious version...:headbang:

I could have so many similar pictures from the boat launch at Tan-Tar-A Resort!! So many idiots, so little film!!!! :rofl:
Todd, the Tan-Tar-A launch ramp is an embarrassment to that place. I'm gonna guess Burton Duenke put that thing in as an after thought. During the years I co-chaired the antique and classic boat shows, we declared that ramp a place to avoid and directed all participants to launch and retrieve at our St. Moritz ramp.

tcbofade

Charter Member
Now that's funny. In all of my stupid adventures, I've never lost a truck to a boat ramp.

...of course, I've never launched a boat either...so... I did once drop a Ranger in a river bed outside of Lake Pleasant in AZ. Being a Ford tho, it just drove right out, shook itself off and took me home. I still miss that little truck. I got a pic somewhere...

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Todd, the Tan-Tar-A launch ramp is an embarrassment to that place. I'm gonna guess Burton Duenke put that thing in as an after thought. During the years I co-chaired the antique and classic boat shows, we declared that ramp a place to avoid and directed all participants to launch and retrieve at our St. Moritz ramp.
Have you been back to Tan-Tar-A in the past three years? It's been redone. It's almost a real boat ramp!! Actually, you can launch comfortably now.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Actually Todd, I've tried not to look at it so if you say it's improved, I'll take your word. The only thing that ramp used to be good for was beach erosion control...
Considering I launch a 33' ParaSail boat out of it, I know it's changed. :)

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
This is not the way to launch your boat......always set the brake before getting out of the cab. I got this pic off of a St. Louis area boating website...

HEY! There's nothing wrong with that picture..........He just wanted to launch the Ranger, too............perhaps for insurance purposes ;)

Gunner

i lost my boat and the lake.
4wheelin.jpg

this was taken a couple yrs ago on great sacandaga lake in Ny after the water was let down. where my ranger is stuck is 8' of water in the summer

Last edited:
it's a flood control lake for the hudson river. they let it out every yr. then it becomes a 4x4 playgroung along w' snowmobiles, 4wheelers, xcountry skiers, etc. there were alot of us there. after the pic, a '77 Bronco snatched me to shore. many beers consumed directly after.

ahh yeah, medicinal......:beer:

Ford Truck Articles