Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1986 supercab

IV got the build mostly figured out, the transfer case will be a np 201 divorced. Hoping to set it up with same length driveshafts front and rear, that way I can carry one spare. Been digging in the spare parts piles and organizing stuff to make this a quick build. Too much snow to do any building yet , just want to be prepared so I can get er done fast.

Got the Cat running good, changed the fuel filters, primed and bled fuel system, got it fired up. Rung good. Haven't brought it home yet, have nowhere to park it , too much snow but this weekend supposed to be warm and rainy, hopefully that will knock the snow down

Got the donor truck home , have an air problem I thing , the high low range selector doesn't seem to have air to it, so it stays in the low side and it isn't charging, once I get the range selector working, I'll start disassembly. ,

Attachments

• IMG_20170301_232214.jpg
Haven't posted or been here for a while, looks like its pretty slow here, same truck of the month been up . just obsverations. Since my tow truck burnt to the ground, here is what iv been doing. I straightened and pulled the frame into shape, and superduty axles installed.
Axles been sitting so rebuilt everything, $3200 in parts into the superduty axles.
Dropped rear driveshaft off to be legnthened , its from a 1996 dodge1 ton. I'm running 1410 u joints for the rear, and 1350 in the front.

Attachments

• IMG_20170904_171724.jpg
  • MmsPicture_20170905150633.jpg
  • IMG_20171005_182225.jpg
Axles are 2002 f250 d60 front and sterling 10.5 rear. Changed yolks on the transfer case to accept companion flange on the front and 1410 u joint on the rear.
Wrecker gear is 440 holmes

It moves and stops and steers now, still a few things to button up like park brake and front shocks and rear fuel tank(already purchased and painted) but its progress and needs a windshield replacement too.

Attachments

• IMG_20171022_201212.jpg
Update, finished installing the axles, rear driveshaft is in, new windshield is in, shocks are on, park brake finished , rear fuel tank and sender installed, dropped off front driveshaft to have shortened, been driving it daily, works and drives great, all the steering is new too and all factory parts, steering box is stock to the f150, have a drop pitman arm, and the draglink is stock superduty alond with the rest of the steering. Also got the body work done for safety inspection, made new cab sills on the ext cab part and cab corner, also did some cab repairs under the rear of the cab at the drop downs, pulled the dent outta the box,
Also picked up a little 4 wheeler , its a 2001 Honda Rancher 350 4x4. In pretty good shape.

Attachments

• IMG_20171113_213222.jpg
  • IMG_20171209_140954.jpg
Some more done, front driveshaft is installed, I also upgraded the electrical charging system, iv installed a 3G 130amp alternator from 1998 ford Windstar application and a commercial group 31 battery. Lights dont dim and can run full electrical loads without discharging . Way better than the 60 amp 2g fire starter.

Fixed the shifter retainer, gravity is all that held that shifter in over the last year, used a retainer off of a spare dodge shifter I had, changed both shifter knobs, installed the foam insulator around the shift tower, screwed shift boot to the floor, painted rear bumper black and did some cleaning of the ol rig. Been a hard couple last couple of years but starting to feel good about life and my truck again.

Attachments

• IMG_20171224_134523.jpg
Last edited:
Putting the ol girl to work, 2 guys went in the woods, were reported missing, the next day a couple of jeeps and I went in to look for them, we found them, they were cold and wet , but ok. Their jeep had broke down and burnt, then they wondered the back country aimless, in the snow and rain throughout the night. they were miles from jeep when we found em. A few days later we went back with my truck, and chunked the entire jeep up on the spot, took about 3 hrs from first cut to last strap to get it on the truck. No hoist or lifts or anything , just man power haha

Attachments

• IMG_20180212_190043.jpg
Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles