Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

July Chat Thread

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Welcome to July already!

Hopefully May, and June's weather aren't a preview for the rest of the summer!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Hey fellas, thought I'd jump in and say hello.....going to be a wild 4th up here in Maine. This is the first year where fire works are legal to buy and use, so, going to be a rough one, I think.....I've already heard a bunch of people setting them off.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Power's back on here finally!!!!

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
That's great you got your power back on. I never lost power but many in my area did. I have one of my freezers packed full of food for people that lost power so they wouldn't lose their frozen food, the least I could do to help out.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I have a 5,000 watt 10 hp generator.

It takes care of 2 refrigerators, 1 chest freezer, 1 window A/C, and some lights. The swimmong pool supplys the water to flush the toilets. We shower at the fittness club. All in what you get used to I guess.

We're looking at 103* for a temperature here tomorrow

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I have a 5,000 watt 10 hp generator.

It takes care of 2 refrigerators, 1 chest freezer, 1 window A/C, and some lights. The swimmong pool supplys the water to flush the toilets. We shower at the fittness club. All in what you get used to I guess.

We're looking at 103* for a temperature here tomorrow

That's all we have also....I wondered how much it would actually run...pretty cool.

Your roughing it.I'm set up with inverters that I can run the entire house.

Someday I want to set up our commercial property like this.....is it set up to automatically come on when the main gets cut off?

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
No I didn't put in the auto switch I have to throw a switch. I can run everything except the electric water heater and the dryer only my setup. Full use with no conserving electric my battery bank can run approx 6-8 hours before firing up a gas charger I made from a old t HP lawn mower engine and a few parts.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
No I didn't put in the auto switch I have to throw a switch. I can run everything except the electric water heater and the dryer only my setup. Full use with no conserving electric my battery bank can run approx 6-8 hours before firing up a gas charger I made from a old t HP lawn mower engine and a few parts.

Wow, cool....

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Good morning truck fans.

Be careful out there in this heat today!

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Hi Charlie
Been hot here also. Finally gave in and said I need a AC unit for my office. There isn't one for 50 miles all sold out.:(
I've been swamped with work from all the storms that went thru. The power surges have fried computers all over. On top of my normal repairs I have been working 12-14 hours a day to keep up.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Hi Charlie
Been hot here also. Finally gave in and said I need a AC unit for my office. There isn't one for 50 miles all sold out.:(
I've been swamped with work from all the storms that went thru. The power surges have fried computers all over. On top of my normal repairs I have been working 12-14 hours a day to keep up.

Hey Randy, don't work too hard.....you sound like me during tax season.

Hope you find an AC.....even though it only gets bad (humidity and heat wise) a few weeks to a month or so out of the year up here, AC is a must in our offices. Heck, my office manager keeps it 69 degrees in the main office in the summer and around 72 in the winter months with the heater!

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Here ya go Randy......
004-1.jpg

Or this......

1519-10-13-2011.gif

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Good evening truck fans!

Guess you don't need that A/C now, eh Randy?

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Good evening all.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Good evening Charlie
another12hr work day in and still not caught up from the storms with all the insurance claim diagnostics and estimates. More come in everyday.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
hmmmm. My guess is I'm the only one who puts my computer to sleep when I'm finished?

Still hot here, was 101* today at 2:00. I'm trying to cut up some trees for firewood for the winter. Good thing I still have 5 cords left from last winter, eh?

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I shut my systems down. I have mine all on Battery backup system. I got a huge surge that tripped my backup systems. I would have been fried with out them.
We have been having major electric storms here. We have had over 3.5" of rain in two day.
Was close to 90 out today. I finally got a AC unit today sitting in my nice cool office now. Just doing paper work that need done.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Yeah, tough without A/C this kind of weather. I re-fuel lined a chain saw this morning. You would have thought I was standng under a water falls by the time I was finished!

I did get 2 oaks cut up, but they're still laying where I cut them up. The rest of the day was spent in the pool.....

Ford Truck Articles