Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

classifieds

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Noticed there's quite a few for sale threads by users with only one post, the for sale thread.

Might be an idea to put a minimum post count before someone is allowed to post into the classified section....

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Other sites do this also and I think it would be a good idea.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
What brought it to my mind was looking for trim pieces for the Merc and the forum I go to has a 100 post minimum or you can buy a month pass for $30. That and I noticed a thread here from a user with one post.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i fifth the motion... all in favor.. AYE!!! Motion carried... it always annoyed me as well people join just to sell their crap then never get on again even if theirs interest in what they sold.. i dont think it should be a low number like 10-25.. seen other forums that went that low.. people logged on and spammed around the forum till they hit it and then made the sale thread to sell. should be like the spudster said.. something like 100 posts minimum..

Great idea - 100+ works for me too ........ where's the poll??

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Hey guys, we've looked into this a few years ago, and it required a modification to the forum we weren't comfortable with (security reasons IIRC). We'll look into it again.

Ryan

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
What brought it to my mind was looking for trim pieces for the Merc and the forum I go to has a 100 post minimum or you can buy a month pass for $30. That and I noticed a thread here from a user with one post.

I love this idea....we don't have to go as high as $30, but to ask for a minimum to post, like say, $5 or so, would bring in extra revenue.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Hey guys, we've looked into this a few years ago, and it required a modification to the forum we weren't comfortable with (security reasons IIRC). We'll look into it again.

Ryan

I understand that, but if there's countless other VB forums or there using it with great success, I'm willing to bet the security concerns aren't a big issue.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
FSB does a 75 post count minimum...they get about 10 posts a week on why someone with under 75 posts can't post in the for sale area, plus all the bogus posts to boost their count. On the one hand, I appreciate the extra level of security to mitigate scam artists...on the other hand, buyer beware. I've had as many bad dealings with established members as I have newbies across the innernets. I really think it's 6 to one, half dozen to the other. I'd rather have the option of buying and vetting on my own, than never seeing something I might have wanted.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Being the pimp VB master I am, I can make this work for you.

of course i will need your personal credit card information

:wasntme:

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Sure

Gd10cl

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
i fifth the motion... all in favor.. AYE!!! Motion carried... it always annoyed me as well people join just to sell their crap then never get on again even if theirs interest in what they sold.. i dont think it should be a low number like 10-25.. seen other forums that went that low.. people logged on and spammed around the forum till they hit it and then made the sale thread to sell. should be like the spudster said.. something like 100 posts minimum..

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

This is a truck forum, the reason you want to join is because you are a truck guy/girl that wants to learn more about their vehicle, problem solving/repairs, and make some friends along the way. Being able to help one another is a great feeling, and has saved a lot of headaches for sure!

Ford Truck Articles