Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

OK everyone

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Summer's here- what are you all up to, or have planned?

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Just work - this coming week is typical - in 7 days I will have done a wedding, private baptism, 2 funerals, 2 worship services, listened to a dozen or so problems, visited a young (40) man who suffered a stroke and worked to get our handicapped lift certified with the local inspector.

Sometimes wish I could find that mythical pastoral job that only involves 1 hour work a week...... HA!

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Well, trying to get the new house in order before I start my new job in a couple weeks, then everything is down the hole as I'll be gone 10-14 days at a time...

Just work - this coming week is typical - in 7 days I will have done a wedding, private baptism, 2 funerals, 2 worship services, listened to a dozen or so problems, visited a young (40) man who suffered a stroke and worked to get our handicapped lift certified with the local inspector.

Sometimes wish I could find that mythical pastoral job that only involves 1 hour work a week...... HA!

Wait, you're a pastor???? Ever gone old testament on someone???

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Wait, you're a pastor???? Ever gone old testament on someone???

Nah, the OT is the foundation for the NT, but IMHO not where we're called to live. However, people seem find it a lot easier to live by the law (and force others to go along with them) than by grace.

I'm just constantly amazed by God's mercy and love - and grateful for it. I'd never make it if I were going to be judged by the law.

I've been a full-time pastor since 1975 (longer than most here have been alive)

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I love the OT though. Last fall I started preaching my way thru the Bible, not quite a chapter per week, but close. Just finished Genesis and getting into Exodus. I love those OT characters cause they really are dysfunctional just like us today, but God was still able to use them to accomplish his will for mankind.

This week Exodus 3 God tells Moses to go back to Egypt (where he was wanted for murder) and ask Pharoah to let them leave - then God said, Pharoah will NOT let them go. I love how God messes with his mind..... "here's what I want you to do and say, and I want you to know ahead of time you'll fail..." Say what????

Of course the reason was to build depth of character in Moses, plus faith and confidence in God instead of in himself.

I just hope I can finish before I die - or retire..... we'll see how that pans out.

Last edited:
just working through winter over here - it was the shortest day a few days ago so looking forward to some warmer weather ...... burning way to much diesel in the heater at the workshop lol

Ford Truck Articles