Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

another newby question

I had some time yesterday and really started assessing the body and what needed to be fixed and found something I didnt see when i bought the truck. At the front of the bed where the floor and front of the bed meet is rotted out about 2 ft long. So not only is it on the floor, its rotted on the bottom of the bed front as well. I remember seeing bed patch panels on one of the websites but what about the verticle bed front. I didnt see it because of some old leaves and crap that was there when i bought it. Thx for the help.

I dont think anyone reproduces that piece, you would need to find a doner bed to cut patches from or just find a replacment bed.

Welcome to FTF!

Well hell! thats not what I was wanting to hear especially since you dont see them around here. In junkyards or on the street. Thats the main reason I wanted to build one

I would bet the inside of a 67-72 ford bed will work also, that might expand your selection of doner beds, if you see one, stop and compare them

I would just cut the rotten pieces out and weld a piece of sheet metal in its place, grind it down and wipe some bondo over it and be done with it! Or you could go the wood floor route! Mine had a wood floor in it and some where along the line a previous owner put a piece of sheet metal in it for a floor and that is now rotted out. I'm looking into putting a wood floor back in mine as well! Good luck to ya!

Sven7

Derping
ford-1948-11956.jpg

my vote is stake truck. maybe a nice ace tomato co. decal on the door!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts