Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Third brake light

My center high mount brake light isn't working. I drive a 2010 F350 CCSB. The lights on either side (cargo lights) work but not the brake light in between them. All wiring for the lights comes in from one wiring harness. I have replaced the bulb, it didn't work. I tested the fuse, its good. I tested for power at the socket, no power. I'm thinking bad ground. What do you think? Everything else is working perfectly.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
sounds like your on the right track to me... heard the 2010's have had a few issues with them doing that. even read a couple where the factory forgot to screw the ground wire in place (opps)...

are you getting any Volts to the plug at all?

This probably not the same but, I unplugged the inside cargo light in my Econoline ( because I didn't want it coming on) and the center brake light went out . The center brake light wire was in the same plug as the cargo light.

blacksnapon

Staff member
You tested fuse F12 in the fuse box? It controls the third stoplight only.

Got it. #12 fuse under the hood. Weird, the manual had it listed as "brake switch, (BOO)". Thanks blacksnapon!

Ford Truck Articles