Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Howdy Solks, I mean Folks

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I've been a little busy and have not stopped by so I just wanted to say "Hey!" what are you guys building now that the nice weather is here?
I bought a set of 44's for my 76 F250 and started re-grooving them, pulled the 78 Bronco out of hybernation to start back on that so I can swith trucks on the road, I wanted to put the 44's on the Bronco but I would just snap the axles, so I might as well use the 250 off road, plus I want to run a snorkle up in the bed under the topper?, lots of plans, so little time for one man to do, cant neglect the family and house while I play with my toys
I'll stop back when I have something to show you all, should be soon?
Later guys.....Rick (Salt-Man , The Sifto Kid)

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Sounds like a good plan to me. I'd like to see a write up about re-grooving tires. (hint, hint) :D

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I used to do that on the large truck tire and the dirt tract cars I had. Re grooving that is . The next question is where did I put the grooving tool ????

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
Sounds like some work you have cut out for you

Does that F250 have a dana60 front? If not you're pretty much the same strength as the bronco (either way you'll be snapping a lot of stuff!). Probably has a 60 rear too which isn't much of an upgrade over a 9inch rear in the bronco.

If the F250 has the 60 throw it under the bronco and make a real offroading rig out of it!

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I am using a router to re-groove the tires, they are going to be strictly off road use only! it is working great, I'll post pictures when I get some more done, it makes a lot of smoke so I go slow and do a little bit during the day when most everyone is at work so I don't piss off the neighbors
I have thought about building the bronco? but it is looking like a nice on road rig right now with recovery capabilities, I have a really nice, fresh 351W in it right now and I think it will be OK on gas? better then the 250 at least
I think I can do everything I want to do to the 250 (even though I just went out and broke it?) I am going to have to go and change a lot of things, but I think it is the better choice to mod-up

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I'm not building much, but it looks like I'm going to have to change the sprocket on the gearcase on the atv. As well as the chain/rear sprocket if it's that bad, but it looks alright. Mom's car needs brakes, but I'm putting that off because I'm not getting paid squat. I just did a tune-up on my bosses for 8 free footlong subs, redeemable whenever I want. :goldteef:

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I am hoping that shaving the weight off the front 44's will reduce the rotating mass enough that I don't snap the front axles in the 250 right away and it lasts for a little while? no it don't have the 60 front its the hd d44 unfortunately

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts