Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

78 automatic steering column

hey FTF members! i'm new to this site, found it while googling for parts. jsut wondering if anyone near vancouver BC has a steering column for a 78 f-250 4x4 auto w/ PS? my selector no longer works so i have to pop the hood and manually shift from there ( not fun or safe )
let me know PLEASE. thanks.

Welcome to FTF !

I have several Tilt columns for 78-79's for sale in various states of condition.
One is in Brand New Mint condition

as long as you still have the knuckle shaft for the 4x4 then you will be fine.

One column is only a bus ride or mail truck away.

4_x4_steering_shaft.jpg

tilt_columns_hanging.JPG

Last edited:
yeah my steering is complete its for my daily driver all i need is the column in good working condition to replace mine. what are you looking for in prices and do you know roughly the cost to ship to vancouver. also what does the connector for the wiring look like? i have seen a couple diff ones, mine is like a rounded piece with two rows.. if that mkaes any sense

You will be fine with any column from a 78/79 as the important thing is the NSS/BU light switch will not work on pre78's

The wiring for the NSS and Backup lights plugs into a connector on the firewall

The TS Switch, horn and/or speed control wiring is the same as yours
The Number 7200 referenced in this illustration refers to the 1/2 moon steering column connector you mentioned

closeupofdashwiring78.jpg

Last edited:
You have to have the link uploaded to the internet.

try the galleries here and make a few albums

TSconnectorremoval.JPG

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts