Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > General Conversation

Old 09-26-2018, 10:12 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyBilly9Mile View Post
Careless, clueless and inexperienced people who prefer blaming anyone/anything other than themselves rather than accept responsibility for their actions are a big problem in America. Everyone else with smarts and experience under their belt, people who know how to drive in all conditions and don't cause accidents are rewarded by our insurance companies for being responsible and not costing them money. They say you can't fix stupid, the bummer is, schools, media and over the top reporting are normalizing it.

So by those comments, it would make sense that you don't carry insurance at all, Or at the very least, minimum coverage so you're legal. I mean, if you're grouping yourself in with all those people with experience, smarts and personal responsibility you shouldn't need a silly expense like insurance, right??? A good driver can drive defensively enough and is aware enough that a silly excuse like carrying insurance for other drivers mistakes wouldn't make sense. But you are right about one thing, stupid is being normalized, and believing you're too good to be in an ACCIDENT, is pretty stupid.

But you do seem to talk out of both sides of your mouth...soooo...

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/for...light=accident

Quote:
Yeah, nonprofit.

I don't know how anyone can afford to make it through a moderate car accident with those kind of prices. D*mn 1% of the 1% of the 1%ers getting silly rich.
http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/for...ccident&page=3

Quote:
Never have I been at fault in an accident and I've got the uber preferred insurance rate and a policy that cannot be canceled except under extreme and wild circumstances (ie, get drunk and plow into a crowd of people on a sidewalk as an example).
^^^I suppose you don't fit in that pretty little picture you were trying to paint. Guess you skipped practice what you preach day.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben

Last edited by LEB Ben; 09-26-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2018, 03:34 PM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Wowsie, the egotistic insanity never ends (didn't waste time reading most of that bizarre rant). Glad I'm not a Catholic, for obvious reasons.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 09-30-2018, 04:43 PM
just growing older not up

polarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEB Ben View Post
So by those comments, it would make sense that you don't carry insurance at all, Or at the very least, minimum coverage so you're legal. I mean, if you're grouping yourself in with all those people with experience, smarts and personal responsibility you shouldn't need a silly expense like insurance, right??? A good driver can drive defensively enough and is aware enough that a silly excuse like carrying insurance for other drivers mistakes wouldn't make sense. But you are right about one thing, stupid is being normalized, and believing you're too good to be in an ACCIDENT, is pretty stupid.

But you do seem to talk out of both sides of your mouth...soooo...

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/for...light=accident

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/for...ccident&page=3

^^^I suppose you don't fit in that pretty little picture you were trying to paint. Guess you skipped practice what you preach day.
Ben, try to take this constructively and not personally, but it isn't necessary to bring out the flamethrower whenever you disagree with someone elses opinion. We see that on TV every day, and I'm phucking tired of it.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
Ben, try to take this constructively and not personally, but it isn't necessary to bring out the flamethrower whenever you disagree with someone elses opinion. We see that on TV every day, and I'm phucking tired of it.
Just calling a spade a spade is all. It wasn't a disagreement, I was calling him a liar and posting facts substantiating such.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Ben
Old 10-05-2018, 09:22 AM

polarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond reputepolarbear has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Just calling a spade a spade is all. It wasn't a disagreement, I was calling him a liar and posting facts substantiating such.
Didn't read my post, did you?
Old 10-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

Quote:
Didn't read my post, did you?
Sure I did, but perpetuating ignorance has never been what this place has been about. It's always been called out and rectified so the next guy doesn't get bad info. If we're going to start catering to snowflakes, and bruncledaddy information, I'd just as soon leave, and you guys can have fun with all 4 members.

Quote:
Inspired by Ian

Ben

Last edited by LEB Ben; 10-05-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Sure I did, but perpetuating ignorance has never been what this place has been about. It's always been called out and rectified so the next guy doesn't get bad info. If we're going to start catering to snowflakes, and bruncledaddy information, I'd just as soon leave, and you guys can have fun with all 4 members.
Tell me how clarifying an issue for the rest of us dumb f'ecks at the expense of another members reputation makes us all smarter. I have two college degrees and am a licensed educator- If you're going to have an intellectual battle with me, come armed. And remember I'm Special Ed, so I've got decades experience supporting the special kids.

Ready. Set. Go.

Last edited by polarbear; 10-07-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:09 PM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

Quote:
Tell me how clarifying an issue for the rest of us dumb f'ecks at the expense of another members reputation makes us all smarter. I have two college degrees and am a licensed educator- If you're going to have an intellectual battle with me, come armed. And remember I'm Special Ed, so I've got decades experience supporting the special kids.

Ready. Set. Go.

Look...if you want to measure degrees and credentials you’ll still lose, I won’t list them to try to substantiate myself. If you want them, they’re not hard to find. Bottom line, I called out false statements and flat out lies. Since you have so much special ed experience and those two degrees were apparently useless for comprehension and inference, I’ll spell it out for you. When you diminish the credibility and thusly reputation of folks that make ignorant comments, that typically results in other members not heeding their advice, which is a good thing, so other/new members don’t do something unnecessarily. Which ultimately builds reputation of the venue. But with only like 4 members, I suppose it’s not that big of an impact anyway. So I’ll slink off, you do you...and I’ll go play with my 500k members.

Quote:
Inspired by Ian

Ben

Last edited by LEB Ben; 11-04-2018 at 08:23 PM.