Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Long time ford truck Fanatic

My name is Eddie. My friends call me Fast Eddie. I have driven a ford product since my 16 birthday. I currently own two F150s. 1978, original owner. 2012 F150 Ecoboost Lariat. This belongs to my wife. I love both these trucks. I restored my 1978 about 14 years ago. It still looks and runs great. My newest addition is the 2012 F150. I got a wild hair. I couldn't help it. I only wish for better milage in both these trucks. Maybe you or someone you know can direct me in acheiving that goal. My only beef is the milage. Someone told me they get 25 MPG. In a 2012 F150 truck just like mine, but a different color. Theirs is blue, mine white. What could make that kind of difference. I should've bought the blue color I guess. Thanks for you guys teaming up to help us out here......Fast Eddie

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Welcome to FTF. I would like to see pictures of the '78. It is hard to improve gas mileage on a brick-shaped vehicle. I have a stock 400 engine on my '78 and I can get 12 mpg if I use the cruise conrtrol. smiliepeelout :wasntme:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF smilieFordlogo
Mileage can vary from all kinds of things...the way you drive to the way your truck is optioned...the guy that is getting better mileage might have a taller gear and does lots of highway miles as an example.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Welcome to FTF!
seeyamustang.gif

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts