Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Are All 04 Ranger 3.0 engines Flex Fuel Capable?

In the official Ford website overview for the 2004 Ranger it says they 3.0 V6 is flex fuel capable. Are all of these engines flex fuel capable or is there a special flex fuel version?

Thanks for the reply. I checked with a Ford Service Manager today and he said some were and some were not. Mine is now running on flex fuel with the check engine light on. I should have known better than to trust "the official Ford website".

Most of the FF Rangers had a little leaf/road emblem on the tailgate by the blue oval. As was stated before, FF was phased out before 03.

I wonder why the Ford website lists the 2004 as having a new flex fuel 3.0 V6 engine.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
The Ford website says my F100 was never produced when I use the vin decoder.:wasntme:

Also, the scheduled maintenance info on Ford's website is so incomplete it's not even funny.

In conclusion, you can't trust Ford's site.lol.

I ran about 3 tanks of gas through the engine and the check engine light was still on. I disconnected the battery to reset the computer last week and the check engine light has not returned. Maybe there was no harm done.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Yea the Flex Fuel 3.0 has some better stuff that can handle the ethanol. Ethanol will eat away at the normal 3.0. I'm not sure if it was fuel line o-rings or what though.

Ford Truck Articles