Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New member from Wa.

Hello, I'm new to the forum and some what new to ford trucks. My dad has owned alot of them over the years both 2wd and 4wd, so I have some great memories of riding in them when I was growing up. I have owned alot of trucks over the last few years mostly Chevys (I know Boo! Lol) and then I got into older Toyota 4wd's, I've owned three 83' 4x4's, one 85' and currently own a 86 Toyota 4Runner that I did a SAS on and swapped in a 302 V8. Anyway. That's a little of my background, which brings me to my latest purchase. I found this on Craigslist, and after looking at it had to buy it. Its a 79' Ford F250 2wd Ranger. It has a 460, automatic, PS, PB, and AC (the belt is disconected)with 125,900 original miles. The lady I bought it from said it was originally here grand father's, and was primarily used as a farm truck. Anyway I picked it up last night for $800. It ran like a top on the 2 hr drive home. The steering was tight, it didn't wonder at all, brakes were really good, and the engine ran smooth, plenty of power, and didn't smoke at all! The dash pad dlesnt have any cracks, the door panels are nice shape, the driverside of the seat, the seam has come unstitched, but otherwise is in good shape.Anyway, here's some pics:

Last edited:
I forgot, I found these while looking through the interior.

^original owners warranty card

^^^I found this deteriorated cardboard box that said "Anthes" on it inside the box was a red metal case with 3 roadside reflectors inside, I've never seen a kit like this, it's pretty cool!

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Welcome to the site!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I can't wait to start cleaning up the interior, and fixing some of the minor issues. I need to check the fuses, my dash/gauge lights aren't working, I need to fix the tailgate handle, and a few other minor things.

I might eventually change out the grill for the older style, just my personal preference, my dad had a few 73-76' pickups when I was growing up, and I like the looks of the front end with the older style grill with the round headlights.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts