Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > FTF Regional Chapters > North East Chapter > Del-Mar Chapter

Old 09-18-2017, 10:36 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
In
Signed up for a personal page on FB because I was forced to to keep my business page.
Randy
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2017, 06:09 AM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
I'm getting that way with my flea market space. Silly little things don't want to walk, look and shop.
IDK, I sell radio control cars. How the f do you try out a radio control car on fb, let go, or any of those other "apps"
I guess you look at the pictures and go BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, whrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Zinnngggggggggg

I do sell the carcusses on Ebay.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:03 AM
Texas Chapter member

Jasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to behold
The types of things I use the web for can't be found on social media sites like real technical info on our trucks.

'77 F100 Flareside

"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
Old 09-19-2017, 09:02 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68F1006.4 View Post
I've noticed forum traffic in general down quite a bit on some other sites as well, and yeah, I like old school myself.

I tried FB for about 3 months and pretty much had my fill, that and I find Mark Zuckerberg to be a bit douchey.

Forums have been dying a slow death for years. I think the only reason they've hung on this long is because the searchability for build threads was just easier. But now with the ability to post files, archive threads and search for threads...the forum crowd has basically just become the 30-50 somethings that joined forums in the early 2000's and don't want to change.

It's really not that difficult. You can set exactly who and what you want to see. I have 4-5 family members that will pop up in my news feed, a dozen or so friends, and about a dozen of the truck groups I admin...but have a couple thousand connections and a couple hundred groups. FB groups are no different than the forums, still have the dumbasses that shouldn't be allowed near a wrench, and the guys that have to correct them...but it's instantaneous with a few thousand active members, instead of 4. You'll get 50 responses in 15 minutes instead of 2 in 5 days.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 09-19-2017, 09:07 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperrc View Post
The types of things I use the web for can't be found on social media sites like real technical info on our trucks.
I'd beg to differ, your statement was accurate 5 years ago, but as I mentioned above, that's just not the case any more. I've posted damn near everything in my $15k Ford library to my technical groups...you're not seeing the contents of any of this on any forum:

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/for...ad.php?t=40328

Also have a guy that is solely chronicling a $70k NOS build on one of my pages as well.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 09-19-2017, 09:09 AM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
Never been on FB
I have a son that won't speak to me because I won't talk to him on fb or skipe.
His loss
He needs to do more than grow older. He needs to grow up
Briefly used the FB, saw the personality of wayyyy too many of people attracted to it, yawned, exited at the first offramp and never looked back. Besides, it's not an especially useful source of good information on specific subjects and matters either. Unless of course you want to post about yourself and how assaulted/kidnapped/murdered an employee at a local business on 9/10/2017, and yes, that DID happen here and is just another reminded of the mentality of too many of FB users and what draws them there in the first place.

*Might reconsider the Skype, it's just a phone call and if you like you can add video along with it. Have fun with it too, during the call point your cam at your dog while it's taking a dump or something else equally important.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp

Last edited by CowboyBilly9Mile; 09-19-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:32 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe I will do skype with someone some time, but not him.
I would hate to rant and rave and have spittle get all over my brand new Ipad 10.1.......
Old 09-19-2017, 06:37 PM

68F1006.4 is just really nice68F1006.4 is just really nice68F1006.4 is just really nice68F1006.4 is just really nice68F1006.4 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyBilly9Mile View Post
*Might reconsider the Skype, it's just a phone call and if you like you can add video along with it. Have fun with it too, during the call point your cam at your dog while it's taking a dump or something else equally important.
There is an app called Marco Polo that a band mate sent me a while back to exchange ideas. Send a short video and wait for a reply, similar to Snapchat except M.P. will store your videos on their servers instead of delete them.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:12 AM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ I have to wonder about Charlies kid and the Skype. This because, in the US there really is no "long distance" anymore, so unless a person doesn't have a cell phone or a LL, or lives where there is no cell service available but there are interwebz, or unless his kid is in a foreign country, I can't see why anyone would really want to use Skype. Skype-to-Skype is free, Skype to a cell/LL is dirt cheap, and for a small fee one can have a phone number on Skype, so I suppose someone, in a quest to minimize bills, could bail on a cell/LL. Still, doesn't make much sense given that Verizon unlimited cell service + texting + pics + a couple GB with rollover data is dirt cheap, and I've found it's 25% cheaper with your employee discount.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 09-20-2017, 11:56 AM
owned by Fords

He lives in the Ukraine with his wife and my grandson

Another VERY sore subject

That's ok tho, I have 9 other grandchildren, and a great grandson........