Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Biodiesel Process

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Cool!

Not really sure I agree with their predictions for where we'll be getting our energy over the next 5 years, but I don't really know much about it, either.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
How the heck did I miss this thread?

Bio will be mainstream as soon as the algae feedstock catches up to the demand. What you guys failed to look at was the $1 blending credit. Which would put biodiesel at $3.10 per gallon. We have a non abundance of crops to choose from due to Subsidies, or basicly farmers being paid not to farm. This is another subsidy. This is what we have to get away from if people are to use it, and work for the economy the way people are tring to twist it. (job creation, new green industries) The government cannot make this a win for the consumer if it interfears with it by having a tilted playing field. We won't even go into the waste of ethanol. Get it to $1 per gallon, and then my friends, you have something.

BIGRED911

Charter Member
How the heck did I miss this thread?

Bio will be mainstream as soon as the algae feedstock catches up to the demand. What you guys failed to look at was the $1 blending credit. Which would put biodiesel at $3.10 per gallon. We have a non abundance of crops to choose from due to Subsidies, or basicly farmers being paid not to farm. This is another subsidy. This is what we have to get away from if people are to use it, and work for the economy the way people are tring to twist it. (job creation, new green industries) The government cannot make this a win for the consumer if it interfears with it by having a tilted playing field. We won't even go into the waste of ethanol. Get it to $1 per gallon, and then my friends, you have something.

Ha ha diggin up bones....$3.10 a gallon would be awsome right now...and i run the crap out of b5-20 durring the summer especially....

Fellro

Staff member
Now if bio could be run in the real cold... It is a common thing for blenders to use bio to make ULSD meet emissions specs. Trouble is, get below zero F and it really starts clouding up. I have been seeing a lot more trucks sitting on the side of the road than I ever used to, and I can guarantee that is likely why. My sister made the mistake of fueling at a known bio blender, and paid the price luckily though right near her house. We use low enough volumes of fuel now that we pour the jugs in, and I have seen the winter blend with bio cloud up, and not long after the tractor stalls. I'm all for bio, just gotta get past this particular hurdle.

BIGRED911

Charter Member
Now if bio could be run in the real cold... It is a common thing for blenders to use bio to make ULSD meet emissions specs. Trouble is, get below zero F and it really starts clouding up. I have been seeing a lot more trucks sitting on the side of the road than I ever used to, and I can guarantee that is likely why. My sister made the mistake of fueling at a known bio blender, and paid the price luckily though right near her house. We use low enough volumes of fuel now that we pour the jugs in, and I have seen the winter blend with bio cloud up, and not long after the tractor stalls. I'm all for bio, just gotta get past this particular hurdle.

Digging up bones again... I figured out last winter that b11 works great at 25 below with a 2.5% blend of e85......never plugged a filter and never saw a hint of clouding. ....

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Fuel tank heat traced with engine coolant, thermostat programmed by ECM, problem solved.

Ford Truck Articles