Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2015 F350 Super Duty Diesel and Transfer Flow 57 Gallon midship replacement fuel tank

How or where to reprogram fuel gauge from 36 gallons to 57 gallons? Anyone have experience with this? My truck still thinks it has a 36 gallon tank.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
If it's a module that needs to be recalibrated to reflect a new tank size, I'd use my laptop, FORScan, and OBDlink MX to tap into the network (other adapters are out there) and if issues were to arise, I'd work with the development team to make it happen.

Last edited:
If it's a module that needs to be recalibrated to reflect a new tank size, I'd use my laptop, FORScan, and OBDlink MX to tap into the network (other adapters are out there) and if issues were to arise, I'd work with the development team to make it happen.
Thanks for that, CowboyBilly9Mile. I didn't see your post in time to investigate that possibility. You're saying that I may have been able to do it myself?

Here is the resolution I found and am very happy with:

The Ford Service Department said that there would be choices but they would be unable to just plug in a number. They took a look and gave me the choice of setting the fuel gauge and related data to 55 or 60 gallons. Of course, I had them set it for 55 gallons. I have a 57 gallon fuel tank.

Now, I have a 57 gallon fuel tank with a gauge that goes to zero at 55 gallons. That gives me an emergency 2 gallon reserve at Empty. Suits me. I like it better, in fact, than the desired 57 gallon setting.

Ford Truck Articles