Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tire question

Hi all. I got a 90 f-150 2x4 and i was thinking of buying new tires for it. My issue is this, if i get 32 x 11.5 r15 will i have rubbing issues when i turn? my ride is bone stock. any input would be awesome. thanks in advance

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
32"x 11.5 tires will rub on the front,with out some sort of lift,i had 32"All Terains on a 95 stock hieght 4x4 & they just cleared barily & in winter weather had to put the stock tires back on cause it would not dig in to the snow.their is a price to pay running oversize tires,keep it in mind,before you do it.

Slightly related. 33" tires on 1988 Bronco
Photo0251.jpg

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I would not go over 31's with stock 2wd truck . And if springs r weak worse yet. Regardless probably hit the arms some

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I would not go over 31's with stock 2wd truck . And if springs r weak worse yet. Regardless probably hit the arms some

smilieIagree

What engine/axle ratio in that truck? Our '95 is running a 5.0, Automatic, and 3.55's. 31's work great- anything larger really opens issues up. We researched this to death on the last F150 ('93 with the same powertrain/gearing).

smilieIagree

What engine/axle ratio in that truck? Our '95 is running a 5.0, Automatic, and 3.55's. 31's work great- anything larger really opens issues up. We researched this to death on the last F150 ('93 with the same powertrain/gearing).

Yep, 31/10.50/15 would work out great.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
smilieIagree

True above. Taller tires also mean a higher gear ratio(lower number) If you have a 3.55 axle ratio, and you put 33" tires on the vehicles, you are shaving about 0.3 off of your axle ratio. A 3.55 ratio is now a 3.20 ratio.

i cant thank yall enough:) i think i will stay with stockers till i get the bugs worked out i gotta go thru the motor on back. and ya i think 3.55 gears. i gave it a bath today. i found pine needles in the most damndest places. lol

january_2012_013.JPG

31 x 10.50's, fit perfect. With 2 inch leveling coils, you can squeeze 32's in, with minor rubbing on the radius arms.

if you can find 32 x 10.50's, that would work- but probably way expensive.

Ford Truck Articles