Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Seriously with this headlight knob!

1995 f150

The rock auto headlight knob doesn’t snap in, it just loosely pulls out again. It seems to be manufactured slightly different, but it definitely won’t work for my truck. Stealership wants 70 bucks!! I really don’t want to pay that but I just got a new bezel and want the truck to look good. Anyone find an aftermarket headlight knob that actually works??

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Sad to say, aftermarket is not what it used to be. Try turning the knob 30 deg at a time and reinserting. At some point it might catch and hold.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Like Doug said, even the stock knob likes to sit one way.
Also make sure it's the same length as stock, 80-86 is a tad shorter, and will not lock in the 87-96 trucks

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
is it one of those that has the spring like retention clip molded inside shaped similarly to the shaft?? if so i had the same problem with the FACTORY one in my mustang... would go to pull the switch out to turn the lights on and the knob would just come on after the parking lights came on... what i did was use a small flat head screw driver to bend the tab out a little further... when i slipped it back on it stayed put after that...

Thanks guys!! I tried every angle, still won’t latch. Today I found it on amazon and it looks like everyone has this issue AND the knob doesn’t come off the wand anyways, so good luck getting the dash apart!

Stealership 1 Fordgirl 0

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
The one you need, you have to push the button on top of the switch to get the knob/shaft out. The knob is permanently attached to the shaft
Really sucks to get to the button, you almost need 2 elbows In 1 arm to get to it
I have a few in "storage"if you can't find the right one

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The dealership one has a spring to disconnect the knob from the wand. I can’t beleuve you were able to reach that button on top of the switch with the bezel still in!! I can barely reach that button with everything apart.

Thanks!

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
fordgirl said:
Stealership wants 70 bucks!! [confused]

F5TZ-11661-A (replaced F2TZ-11666-A) .. Headlamp Switch Knob & Shaft / Available from Ford

1992/95 F150/350 & Bronco.

MSRP: $56.48 // autonationfordwhitebearlake.com online price: $37.28.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles