Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Engine Issues

I recently had a vibration in the front of my 2005 Ford F150 FX4, along with numerous codes. I had the cam sensors replaced and three plugs and coils. That did not fix the problem. The service manager told me that I need a new engine because the phasers and timing chain had gone bad. I took it to a different Ford dealer who replaced the fuel pump module and two more plugs. That did not fix the issue either. I took it back and they also said I needed to replace the engine because of the fuel injectors sticking open and causing internal engine problems. I bought a remanufactured engine and the dealer put it in along with new injectors and two new solenoids. The truck is still pulling a code for VCT and the tech is now trying to get answers from the Ford Hotline. Any suggestions about what could be the problems?

blacksnapon

Staff member
I recently had a vibration in the front of my 2005 Ford F150 FX4, along with numerous codes. I had the cam sensors replaced and three plugs and coils. That did not fix the problem. The service manager told me that I need a new engine because the phasers and timing chain had gone bad. I took it to a different Ford dealer who replaced the fuel pump module and two more plugs. That did not fix the issue either. I took it back and they also said I needed to replace the engine because of the fuel injectors sticking open and causing internal engine problems. I bought a remanufactured engine and the dealer put it in along with new injectors and two new solenoids. The truck is still pulling a code for VCT and the tech is now trying to get answers from the Ford Hotline. Any suggestions about what could be the problems?
Was it a complete engine or did they have to put it together?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts