Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wipers keep wiping and wiping and wiping

2011 Super Duty 6.7 diesel 33k miles
What the heck is going on with my windshield wipers???? They will not cut off, just seem stuck on the slowest speed. Any brain cells left out there after massive amounts of turkey and mashed potatoes???

blacksnapon

Staff member
PINPOINT TEST B : THE WIPERS STAY ON CONTINUOUSLY NOTICE: Use the correct probe adapter(s) from the Flex Probe Kit when making measurements. Failure to use the correct probe adapter(s) may damage the connector.
B1 CHECK THE MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH PIDs
Ignition ON.
Enter the following diagnostic mode on the scan tool: DataLogger — SCCM .
Make sure the multifunction switch is in the OFF position.
Verify the status of each of the following SCCM PIDs is displayed as OFF:
F_WIP_INT_D1
F_WIP_INT_D2
F_WIP_INT_D3
F_WIP_INT_D4
F_WIP_INT_D5
F_WIP_SLO_SW
F_WIPE_FAST_SW
F_WASH_SW
WIPE_SINGLE

Are all of the PIDs displayed as OFF?

Yes GO to B2.
No INSTALL a new multifunction switch. REFER to Section 211-05. TEST the system for normal operation. If the concern is still present, INSTALL a new SCCM . REFER to Section 211-05. TEST the system for normal operation.

B2 CHECK THE WINDSHIELD WIPER OPERATION WITH THE SCCM DISCONNECTED
Ignition OFF.
Disconnect: SCCM C2414A.
Ignition ON.
Verify the windshield wiper operation.

Are the windshield wipers still operating?

Yes GO to B3.
No GO to B5.

B3 CHECK THE HIGH SPEED FAIL-SAFE CIRCUIT FOR A SHORT TO GROUND
Ignition OFF.
Disconnect: Windshield Wiper Motor C125.
Measure the resistance between the windshield wiper motor C125-1, circuit CRW15 (BN/WH), harness side and ground.

Is the resistance greater than 10,000 ohms?

Yes GO to B4.
No REPAIR the circuit. TEST the system for normal operation.

B4 CHECK FOR CORRECT WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR OPERATION
Check the windshield wiper motor connector C125 for the following conditions:
corrosion
pushed-out pins
Connect the windshield wiper motor connector C125 and make sure it seats correctly.
Operate the system and verify the concern is still present.

Is the concern still present?

Yes INSTALL a new wiper motor. REFER to Wiper Motor in this section. TEST the system for normal operation.
No The system is operating correctly at this time. Concern may have been caused by a loose or corroded connector. TEST the system for normal operation.

B5 CHECK FOR CORRECT SCCM OPERATION
Check the SCCM connector C2414A for the following conditions:
corrosion
pushed-out pins
Connect the SCCM connector C2414A and make sure it seats correctly.
Operate the system and verify the concern is still present.

Is the concern still present?

Yes INSTALL a new SCCM . REFER to Section 211-05. TEST the system for normal operation.
No The system is operating correctly at this time. Concern may have been caused by a loose or corroded connector. TEST the system for normal operation.

blacksnapon

Staff member
The wipers stay on continuously ..............................................
Wiring, terminals or connectors
Multifunction switch
Windshield wiper motor
SCCM
GO to Pinpoint Test B.

Appreciate the quick reply!!! Having just spent the last three days in the hospital with acute colitis where I was poked, scoped and probed unmercifully i have to say the immediate reference to using the Flex Probe Kit and the dangers of using it incorrectly made shake all over with fear and then I couldn't stop laughing....sorry, I just had to share. Again, truly appreciate the help I always find on this site. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER PEOPLE!!!!!

Has anything changed on this notice? The issue went away on its own, returned about a year ago and disappeared on its own again, and now it's back and doesn't seem to be going away.
Driving me crazy.......

Ford Truck Articles