Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lots of Ford '73-'79 Parts - Parting out 2 1979 F350's

I hope this isn't in the category of 'flea market'. I am not picking these trucks to the bone. Whatever is needed within a month will be sold. Just trying to save these trucks from becoming scrap.

I am currently parting out 2 '79 F-350's (both with 400M/C6/NP205) so let me know what you guys need and make an offer. Trucks are located in Schnecksville, PA 18078..about 10-15 mins northwest of Allentown.

Here is some info I have on The first truck:

Has 121k. If you're interested in the motor, trans and t-case complete combo for $550, let me know. It's a rebuilt 400M with a C6 transmission and NP205 transfer case behind it. Everything works good. I have a video of the motor running. It's already out and tied down to a pallet. I will seperate them. $100 for t-case. $150 for trans. $300 for the motor. I won't sell the tcase until I have a buyer for the trans or motor though. Radiator is good.

The dana 60 rear is available.

And most the other parts are already pulled, ready to go. ALL hardware has been retained and is available to go with associated parts.

Alot of these parts will fit f150s f250s and f350s from 1973 to 1979..

The cab has rust holes in the floor and the frame isn't worth anything.

The glass is really good, as well as the inner fenders, front aluminum bezel/grill is amazing, marker & signal lights, and there are 2 hoods in decent shape. Good usable toolbox, bedrails, both bumpers, wiring. Just about all the steering is available including a GOOD STEERING GEAR BOX. GOOD DOG EAR REVERSIBLE MIRROR FRAMES, you can flip these and rotate them out wider, perfect for towing. Mirror glass needs replacing.

The front fenders are rusted at the bottom but maybe salvagable. The interior is there but is in poor shape for the most part. I've seen worse though. There may be usable parts there. Good gauge cluster etc. And the bench seat isn't all bad either.

The bed, as you can tell is from a newer generation Ford. It has rust holes above the fenders and a little rust toward the bottom but practically none underneath.

The exhuast from the muffler back is good as well as the fuel tank, tailgate and left tail light.

photo130qk.jpg

photo132v.jpg

photo134i.jpg

photo136sx.jpg

p10400361.jpg

p10400371.jpg

The second truck: has 95k a flatbed and snowplow, also 400M I believe, C6, NP205, and Dana 60 rear. The front axle is not available from this truck, I am using it. The motor has Holley carb on it and won't start but turns over. I think its something simple with the ignition. New plugs, wires & cap. Radiator is good. Plow motor and main cylinder are rebuilt and work good. Secondary cylinders have rust on chrome shafts. Check out the pictures..

p10400251.jpg

p10400271.jpg

p10400281.jpg

p10400291.jpg

p10400301.jpg

p10400311.jpg

p10400321.jpg

p10400331.jpg

p10400341.jpg

p10400351.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Is the front 60 available on the first truck? I'd also be interested in the steering wheel for the first truck. I'd also like to know if the cruise is functional and if it's available. Same question for the A/C system on that truck? I'd also be interested in mirrors on the first truck. And lastly, that panel that is on the tailgate of the first truck. Prices on all would be greatly appreciated.

Edit...and if we can bundle some stuff together, I'm always interested in interior knobs and handles.

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Man, if you were within driving distance I'd be all over those 16.5 wheels and tires.....good meat left on them.

Does anyone know if those valve covers on either truck fit my 1970 bump 360? I'd like to score those for a decent price + shipping.

And the rear bumper, would that fit my bump?

Thanks,

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I had the darndest time trying to find good used 16.5 tires up here....Why did they make such an odd/rare size or was it super popular back then? Cause they're hard to find up this way.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Man, if you were within driving distance I'd be all over those 16.5 wheels and tires.....good meat left on them.

Does anyone know if those valve covers on either truck fit my 1970 bump 360? I'd like to score those for a decent price + shipping.

And the rear bumper, would that fit my bump?

Thanks,

I've got vacation days banked and could use a trip...so if the prices are too good to pass up, I might be up there. No, the valve covers won't fit...you need something from an FE engine.

I had the darndest time trying to find good used 16.5 tires up here....Why did they make such an odd/rare size or was it super popular back then? Cause they're hard to find up this way.

Dunno why they made them...I don't have issues with new stuff, but that size is on it's way out, and I dunno of anything that's used them since the mid-90's (especially with the bolt pattern we need)...so less are going to be around.

Is the front 60 available on the first truck? I'd also be interested in the steering wheel for the first truck. I'd also like to know if the cruise is functional and if it's available. Same question for the A/C system on that truck? I'd also be interested in mirrors on the first truck. And lastly, that panel that is on the tailgate of the first truck. Prices on all would be greatly appreciated.

Edit...and if we can bundle some stuff together, I'm always interested in interior knobs and handles.

Most of the parts on these trucks should go fairly cheap..but I will be looking for at least $1000 for the 60 front from the first truck. It is available and freshly sandblasted & painted.

The steering wheel is available as well as the mirrors and the tailgate panel. How does $110 for all plus shipping (actual cost) sound?

I didn't think the first truck had cruise control but I could be wrong..? The second truck does, the controls are on the steering wheel. I would assume that they are functional but honestly have no idea. Since the motor is good on the first truck, it has already been pulled, complete. Any remaining a/c parts would be available. I noticed there is a bracket where an a/c compressor had been on the second truck. So no compressor but should be other remaining parts..

Ya I know..the only thing notable about the 16.5's is that's what the military hummer wheels/tires are. So if you can find any of those..they might be bias ply though :/

The more you buy, the cheaper I'll make it. And if you come by to pick it up..

Not sure if the bumpers will fit your bumpside or not..?

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ya I know..the only thing notable about the 16.5's is that's what the military hummer wheels/tires are. So if you can find any of those..they might be bias ply though :/

The more you buy, the cheaper I'll make it. And if you come by to pick it up..

Not sure if the bumpers will fit your bumpside or not..?

When I did my searching, I did notice that the military hummers, and some other military vehicles used this size, but they weren't A/T tread, mostly made for sand and mud.....won't work for winter/snow driving. And most of these tires were 37"'s and up and I wanted to stay at 35 or 33's.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
How much for plow and pump? Which pump is it?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Only need plow possibly for spare and possibly pump but if it's an e47 it is no good for me. Truck frame is of no use to me.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Most of the parts on these trucks should go fairly cheap..but I will be looking for at least $1000 for the 60 front from the first truck. It is available and freshly sandblasted & painted...

That's a good deal, but still a bit steeper than I was hoping.

The steering wheel is available as well as the mirrors and the tailgate panel. How does $110 for all plus shipping (actual cost) sound?..

This is probably doable. Any chance you could get a shipping quote to 28146? And if you have access to freight shipping, I have the ability to receive it.

I didn't think the first truck had cruise control but I could be wrong..? The second truck does, the controls are on the steering wheel. I would assume that they are functional but honestly have no idea. Since the motor is good on the first truck, it has already been pulled, complete. Any remaining a/c parts would be available. I noticed there is a bracket where an a/c compressor had been on the second truck. So no compressor but should be other remaining parts..

With all the questions, I was getting confused as to what truck had what, regardless, yes the truck with the Cruise control system, I am interested in it. I'll probably have to consult someone else here, to make sure what you have is complete, because I'm not sure what the entire system should look like or have.

Ben, I thought you wanted the parts I have ?

I have been saving them for you :)

Vacation in Canada..buy my 77 and drive home with everything ;)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben, I thought you wanted the parts I have ?

I have been saving them for you :)

Vacation in Canada..buy my 77 and drive home with everything ;)

I know I've asked a couple times for pics of stuff, and I thought you said you didn't have all the necessary pieces and I don't recall you ever naming a price. The responses I did get were that it was stored away and snow covered and you couldn't get to it. So I thought I was waiting on you. However, a trip to Canadia does sound good, unlikely however.

That's a good deal, but still a bit steeper than I was hoping.

This is probably doable. Any chance you could get a shipping quote to 28146? And if you have access to freight shipping, I have the ability to receive it.

With all the questions, I was getting confused as to what truck had what, regardless, yes the truck with the Cruise control system, I am interested in it. I'll probably have to consult someone else here, to make sure what you have is complete, because I'm not sure what the entire system should look like or have.

Ya, I didn't advertise the 60 front just because I knew I wanted a good amount for it..

I can take apart the steering wheel and chase all wiring and components for the cruise control. That shouldn't be too hard. I got a quote from UPS to a commercial address of $43.50-ish. So just make it $150 for the steering wheel, cruise control, dog-ear mirrors and tailgate panel..unless there's anything else ya need!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Care to throw the windshield wiper and head light knobs and door handles in there? And I did want the steering wheel from the first truck as well.

Before you go through the hassel of pulling the CC stuffs, lemme ask around and see if there's anyway to test if it's any good or anything to look for in a visual inspection.

^^^Care to throw the windshield wiper and head light knobs and door handles in there? And I did want the steering wheel from the first truck as well.

Before you go through the hassel of pulling the CC stuffs, lemme ask around and see if there's anyway to test if it's any good or anything to look for in a visual inspection.

I'd say throw in another $30 for steering wheel, winshield wiper frames and all interior knobs..and another $5 shipping. So $35 total.

Okay, NP. I would send you a picture of the cruise control setup before I sent it..If it's not what ya wanted I would refund you.

Last edited:
The first truck has been scrapped. The photo album below summarizes what parts are available. The mirrors could be very nice with the glass replaced. The underside of the hood is pictured. See first page for top of hood pictures.

The motor, transmission, transfer case and axles are still available. The motor is rebuilt and runs great. Someone from Oklahoma almost bought it..

http://imageshack.us/g/339/p1040071p.jpg/

p1030831k.jpg

Ford Truck Articles