Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

WTB Tach

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Bugs me not knowing where I'm shifting; time for a tach for the 78.

Not looking to break the bank - >$40 american monies.

Can trade a nice set of custom level trim off of my F-SD. 9 out of 10.

I have 3 vintage tachs for sale. $40.00 works for me.
I'll get you pic

did you want full sweep or half sweep?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
+1 for good reps on sunpro, i did some "custom" work a suburban several years ago. It was a friend of the shop owner so we replaced some of his inaccurate gauges with sunpro gauges pluss added in a trans temp gauge...
Pretty straight forward, easy to hook up. I never saw that vehicle again, unless it pulled into the service bay...

73FordF100

Georgia Chapter member
Georgia
I wouldn't suggest a Sunpro. I had one in my truck just like the link posted above that the PO put in. It worked for a little while and then just stopped working. We tested it and confirmed it was bad. I don't know how old it was but didn't seem too old. So I pulled that thing out in favor for an Autometer monster tach :D. Autometers are expensive but I bought a slightly used one off ebay for $70 shipped. It even has a shift light. Autometers are the best IMO.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Autometers are expensive but I bought a slightly used one off ebay for $70 shipped. It even has a shift light. Autometers are the best IMO.

I got a NIB traditional chrome 3 3/4" Autometer tach from a guy on FSB for $25 shipped. They retail for over $125. It currently resides in the Bronco.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I got an Autometer monster tach as well.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I had that sunpro on the right in my old truck. It only lasted a few years. It was less than $40 new.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Thanks. I'd go buy it myself if I didn't already have one. That one is a little better than mine though.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I bought a Ford Motorsport tach a while back on eBay.....to make a long story short, after I fix the broken bolt and polish the scratches out of the cover, I'll be selling it...hopefully to at least recoup the initial cost...:headbang: :icon_mecker: :icon_mecker:

Ford Truck Articles