Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

400, C6, 205

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I have essentially a Ford 400 long block, that I wouldn't consider much more than a core. Intake and one valve cover have been off, and it's just sitting in my trailer exposed. And I sourced an exh. mani from it.

I have a C6, that I bought when my trans went to hell. PO says it was a good runner, but I never used it, and it's been sitting for the last couple months. It has a NP205 hooked to it right now, also in unknown condition.

Prices:
400- $20
C6- $50
NP205- $50

If you take all of it, $75.

The women in my life say I need to get rid of this stuff, and I have 2 weeks to get it out.

I will not deliver. I'm in Salisbury, NC. I can take pics tonight. Prices are extremely negotiable. If you need or want more info, shoot me a PM or post up here.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not much to look at, but here are the pics:

DSC04773.JPG

DSC04774.JPG

DSC04775.JPG

DSC04776.JPG

DSC04777.JPG

Fl.
Your real far away correct. I would be all over that stuff. just to let you know. that is not a 205. it is a 203 and it is worth a little more than you are asking because many people make doublers out of them

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^yep...you're right, thanks for the catch. I just copied and pasted (and did some deleting) the listing from another site, and I have a few other things for sale there. I understand the prices are low, I just need them gone. And yes, I am in NC.

Edit...went back and looked at my other listings and they were all discombobulated, so thanks again for the catch Bax.

Last edited:

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I would jump on that c6 if it was closer... mines leaking a quart + a week. and it's always nice to have an extra trans laying around.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I would jump on that c6 if it was closer... mines leaking a quart + a week. and it's always nice to have an extra trans laying around.

Why don't you fix the leak?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Hmm... might be a nice first build for me. I'll see what I can do.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hmm... might be a nice first build for me. I'll see what I can do.

If you're serious, lemme know and I'll hold it. I've got another week to get it gone, says the women in my life. The JY said they'd give me $50 for it all, match it and it's yours.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
If you're serious, lemme know and I'll hold it. I've got another week to get it gone, says the women in my life. The JY said they'd give me $50 for it all, match it and it's yours.

Okay. I'll have a look at my budget tonight.

Not much to look at, but here are the pics:

DSC04773.JPG

DSC04774.JPG

DSC04775.JPG

DSC04776.JPG

DSC04777.JPG

what are the differences with the 203 and 205 tcase? that looks alot like the one in my truck, I'm not up on the different tcases really.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The 203 is a full time 4wd unit. 205 you can have either 2wd or 4wd

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Ben, its ok, you can go ahead and tell them about the set of NOS 429 badges on ebay, which is why you are selling the 400. smilietease

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben, its ok, you can go ahead and tell them about the set of NOS 429 badges on ebay, which is why you are selling the 400. smilietease

Ehhh...to be honest, if I can get the ball rolling on turning the Bronco into the trail rig I want to, I probably would throw a moderate 460 in it down the road. And then that spare 400 wouldn't be bad to have as a spare so Red is still driveable during a potential engine overhaul down the road.

Fl.
Ok I am kinds puzzled about the engine. All 400 that i have seen have a raised bar to the right / drivers side. That block does not? Any chance it's a 351 cleveland?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I guess I'm not sure what 'raised bar' you're talking about? Stroke measured at 4".

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Ok I am kinds puzzled about the engine. All 400 that i have seen have a raised bar to the right / drivers side. That block does not? Any chance it's a 351 clevage?
Fat chance that Ben has spare clevage lying around.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Ford Truck Articles