Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2001 Taurus Wagon $2000 obo...

^^^Mostly, tauruses, especially wagons, aren't sexy was one comment that popped up...and I guess the interior was too utilitarian. Pardon me for thinking getting from A to B consitently and with confidence would take priority.

Unsexy is great when it comes to everyday transport - parts are cheap and plentiful plus no one would steal it

Not in today's entitlement society.......

Unfortunately all too true Ken

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Your mom will like it. My dad drives a 96 taurus sedan with more miles and more rust daily. He isn't trying to impress anybody and has been very happy with it.

Ryan

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Pretty cool Ben....nice thing you're doing for you mom. I'm sure she'll appreciate it more than the other people you were trying to help. Like I said earlier, we have FAMILY like that......what solved it was a $600 beater that we told them to insure it before they use it and fill it up when they're done. As soon as we did that.....the requests magically stopped.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
And the scorecard is Ben - 1, potential recipient - 0.

That scorecard will be tallied later in life, Ben.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks again guys...appreciate the comments, I just did what I thought was right and tried helping someone out who I felt deserved it...guess I was wrong.

The thing that blows me away is, I've had this car on 5 different websites I frequent, CL and autotrader for the better part of a week. I only got one flippin call. On a local site and CL, I even dropped the price to $1500. I am absolutely floored at the complete lack of interest in such a good car at an even better price. I know I'm bias and have an affinity to wagons, but I had no idea how un-sexy others thought this car would be.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thanks again guys...appreciate the comments, I just did what I thought was right and tried helping someone out who I felt deserved it...guess I was wrong.

The thing that blows me away is, I've had this car on 5 different websites I frequent, CL and autotrader for the better part of a week. I only got one flippin call. On a local site and CL, I even dropped the price to $1500. I am absolutely floored at the complete lack of interest in such a good car at an even better price. I know I'm bias and have an affinity to wagons, but I had no idea how un-sexy others thought this car would be.

Dang Ben......that blows me away.....a car like that wouldn't last 1 day if I put that on my front lawn in front of my office. It must have something to do with the economy.....or maybe they're thinking something is wrong with the car where it's so cheap.....you should have tried pricing it out at $3k and you might have gotten offers of around $2k. What did it book for. Man, I might have driven down there for $1500. :)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
KBB has it right at 2800-3000...edmunds is 3-3300. Maybe you're right, maybe it's like the 'free tv' theory...you put it in front of your house for free, no one takes it...you put a $20 sign on it and someone picks it up for $10.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
That car in this area wouldn't have lasted a day with a for sale sign.

Just curious, are the french fries on the floor included or are those extra? smilietease

I wish you were about a 1000 miles closer. The daughter needs a first car.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
French fries were on the house...they get better with age and new car smell has nothing on day old french fry.

Ford Truck Articles