Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What's in the box?

So, I"m picking up a new-to-me '93 F-250 4WD with the 7.3L diesel, which is supposed to be pristine. Only 155K on the clock. Ford dealer guy told me it has the towing package. He was kind of fuzzy in his answer as to what comprises the tow package when I asked him.

I've looked everywhere on the internet to find out what exactly is included in the "tow package" for my particular truck—specifically with reference to oil/tranny coolers and/or radiator capacity, but also as it might relate to springs.

Does anyone know a URL which can 'splain me what all's in the tow package...or perhaps list them here?

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Std. w/ Camper Pkg, if so equipped.

Includes:

HD Turn signal flasher
Super Engine Cooling
Aux Trans Oil Cooler (w/Automatic)
Handling Pkg (*HD Shocks, F&R Stabilizer Bars [except 7.3, HD Rear Springs substituted], HD Front Springs)
84 amp battery (except 7.3)
Trailer Wiring Harness

Last edited:
The end of the story: The '93 was just in need of too much love....more than I can give it. So, I went out and bought a 2003 F-250 4WD diesel Lariat, which I got from Dave Smith in Kellogg, ID.

It's a "byute," as they say. This rig is going to be my truck now and for the future. So, I'm migrating over to the other forum for 2003's. (Anyone interested in a 1995 7.3L with a stick shift? :angel:)

Ford Truck Articles