Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Snowfall for the record book

Wow! It has been something else for Vancouver Island this February. This white stuff just keeps coming down! We are not use to or equipped to handle this!
We’ve had over 2 feet, which may not seem like much for many places, but has wrecked havoc for us. The airport and ferry terminal were even affected. Sailings and flights cancelled. The 2 main highways were also closed for a while. Accidents everywhere, oh boy. Life on the Island with summer tires, haha!
Oh, it snowed again yesterday. March can’t come soon enough!

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Wow. Been an odd season here, but we're used to it

What a treat for the kids tho, eh?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
For a change we havent had any big snow storms. A few 9 to 10 inches one but not bad. Had 1 1/2 inches of ice Tuesday. Ice sucks plain and simple.

Same here- a decent amount in total but no real big snowfalls.

Was one icy morning...the road was pretty bad driving to work, come to find out the plow went off the road a little north of town and so I had about 4 miles of untreated glare ice.

smiliepeelout

My wife just came back from Vancouver area, said the snow and ice were crazy and accidents everywhere, plus nobody expects it so no snow tires.
We live in northern Sask, so 4ft of snow is normal and -25 normal temp to 3 weeks of -43 lately, but we're used to it here, would be hard to get out for most people in the Vancouver area.
Mudman.

Same here- a decent amount in total but no real big snowfalls.

Was one icy morning...the road was pretty bad driving to work, come to find out the plow went off the road a little north of town and so I had about 4 miles of untreated glare ice.

smiliepeelout

Oh man!
There has been a lot of accidents here. Unfortunately the island is very well known for how bad drivers are if it snows. Now add the amount we got...chaos, mayhem, lol!

My wife just came back from Vancouver area, said the snow and ice were crazy and accidents everywhere, plus nobody expects it so no snow tires.
We live in northern Sask, so 4ft of snow is normal and -25 normal temp to 3 weeks of -43 lately, but we're used to it here, would be hard to get out for most people in the Vancouver area.
Mudman.

Exactly!
I just stayed in and off the roads till the roads started to melt of packed snow. Even then, a lot of silly drivers still making it sketchy to drive.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
I forgot. Snow is a four letter word. :D

IC we have differing opinions on the very very very beautiful white stuff. :D

20190123_144654.jpg

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Well, that's how SOME people make money. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ford Truck Articles