Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hello........ anyone home???????

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
We used to have a chat thread, anyone interested in trying that again?

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
chat threads still there... but just no one posting in it lately...

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Maybe we can start a new trend, Eh?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Is the chat thread on the forum site, like a free post thread?

Let me tell you of a tale long ago, when the walls of this forum were hallowed by postwhores and gratuitous posters. We had threads specifically dedicated to our brethren, that the modern forum goer can find under the abbreviated title PWT or the original 'Gratuitous Post Thread'. Then came along an evil king, named Mark Zuckerberg, who created a world wide forum with real names and faces and groups just like this one. The land he has created has lured in all but the stodgiest and ancient of forum dwellers.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Yeah. Me too
I still like old skool

I've noticed forum traffic in general down quite a bit on some other sites as well, and yeah, I like old school myself.

I tried FB for about 3 months and pretty much had my fill, that and I find Mark Zuckerberg to be a bit douchey.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Never been on FB
I have a son that won't speak to me because I won't talk to him on fb or skipe.
His loss
He needs to do more than grow older. He needs to grow up

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I'm getting that way with my flea market space. Silly little things don't want to walk, look and shop.
IDK, I sell radio control cars. How the f do you try out a radio control car on fb, let go, or any of those other "apps"
I guess you look at the pictures and go BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, whrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Zinnngggggggggg

I do sell the carcusses on Ebay.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
The types of things I use the web for can't be found on social media sites like real technical info on our trucks.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've noticed forum traffic in general down quite a bit on some other sites as well, and yeah, I like old school myself.

I tried FB for about 3 months and pretty much had my fill, that and I find Mark Zuckerberg to be a bit douchey.

Forums have been dying a slow death for years. I think the only reason they've hung on this long is because the searchability for build threads was just easier. But now with the ability to post files, archive threads and search for threads...the forum crowd has basically just become the 30-50 somethings that joined forums in the early 2000's and don't want to change.

It's really not that difficult. You can set exactly who and what you want to see. I have 4-5 family members that will pop up in my news feed, a dozen or so friends, and about a dozen of the truck groups I admin...but have a couple thousand connections and a couple hundred groups. FB groups are no different than the forums, still have the dumbasses that shouldn't be allowed near a wrench, and the guys that have to correct them...but it's instantaneous with a few thousand active members, instead of 4. You'll get 50 responses in 15 minutes instead of 2 in 5 days.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The types of things I use the web for can't be found on social media sites like real technical info on our trucks.

I'd beg to differ, your statement was accurate 5 years ago, but as I mentioned above, that's just not the case any more. I've posted damn near everything in my $15k Ford library to my technical groups...you're not seeing the contents of any of this on any forum:

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40328

Also have a guy that is solely chronicling a $70k NOS build on one of my pages as well.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Never been on FB
I have a son that won't speak to me because I won't talk to him on fb or skipe.
His loss
He needs to do more than grow older. He needs to grow up

Briefly used the FB, saw the personality of wayyyy too many of people attracted to it, yawned, exited at the first offramp and never looked back. Besides, it's not an especially useful source of good information on specific subjects and matters either. Unless of course you want to post about yourself and how assaulted/kidnapped/murdered an employee at a local business on 9/10/2017, and yes, that DID happen here and is just another reminded of the mentality of too many of FB users and what draws them there in the first place.

*Might reconsider the Skype, it's just a phone call and if you like you can add video along with it. Have fun with it too, during the call point your cam at your dog while it's taking a dump or something else equally important. :rofl:

Last edited:

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Maybe I will do skype with someone some time, but not him.
I would hate to rant and rave and have spittle get all over my brand new Ipad 10.1.......'smiliedoh'

*Might reconsider the Skype, it's just a phone call and if you like you can add video along with it. Have fun with it too, during the call point your cam at your dog while it's taking a dump or something else equally important. :rofl:

There is an app called Marco Polo that a band mate sent me a while back to exchange ideas. Send a short video and wait for a reply, similar to Snapchat except M.P. will store your videos on their servers instead of delete them.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
^^^ I have to wonder about Charlies kid and the Skype. This because, in the US there really is no "long distance" anymore, so unless a person doesn't have a cell phone or a LL, or lives where there is no cell service available but there are interwebz, or unless his kid is in a foreign country, I can't see why anyone would really want to use Skype. Skype-to-Skype is free, Skype to a cell/LL is dirt cheap, and for a small fee one can have a phone number on Skype, so I suppose someone, in a quest to minimize bills, could bail on a cell/LL. Still, doesn't make much sense given that Verizon unlimited cell service + texting + pics + a couple GB with rollover data is dirt cheap, and I've found it's 25% cheaper with your employee discount.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
He lives in the Ukraine with his wife and my grandson

Another VERY sore subject

That's ok tho, I have 9 other grandchildren, and a great grandson........

Ford Truck Articles