Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I need advice. to trade in or to keep?

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
No, real trucks have ten lugs, at least ten gears, and 10 liters of displacement.....

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Real trucks need the three 8's! 8 stud wheels, v8 and 8 ft bed!!!

Jks

i wanted an 8ft bed.. but couldnt find one... Engines either ran like crap.. wasnt a dually.. or (key part i did need) wasnt a 4x4... most of what i kept running across were 2wd SRW trucks. and half of them had the bodys beat to hell.. another 1/4 didnt run right.. Had one i really liked the ad for.. got there and the engine ran like crap.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
The 8 foot bed rocks for function but hardly anyone orders them with it any more, sans a white fleet truck. People like the huge cabs or huge bed, but not both.

Ryan

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
The 8 foot bed rocks for function but hardly anyone orders them with it any more, sans a white fleet truck. People like the huge cabs or huge bed, but not both.

Ryan

Theres differences in opinion when it comes to bed length and towing is part of the problem... Some people think 8ft beds better for 5th wheel towing.. Others think the short beds are better.. Ironically with the small length difference between the 2 it really doesnt make that much a difference. its not like where with the earlier trucks you actually had 2' difference between the 2...

I'm a minority, I like crew cab and 8'+ beds...

i wanted crew for the interior space.. being i was planning for it to be trip vehicle.. when you got 3 people in 1 vehicle close to or over 6' tall cars tend to feel small.. same with some suv's... so truck cabs tend to be roomier.. ext cabs not much better than a car in the back seat.. Usually end up straddling the back of the front seat when your in the back...

Main reason i wanted the 8 ft was for 2 reasons... extra 1'3" of cargo space.. the other reason. I just think the look better... ESPECIALLY on a dually setup.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
thats only 3 though... i only said 3 of us were near or above 6'... didnt say that was all that was in the vehicle lol

Next truck i get needs to be 1/2 ton cab extra and 4wd ..... just need somewhere secure to put tools etc plus squeeze the kids in on occasion also 4wd would come in handy every now and again - just can't make up my mind on the gen.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
No, four. All of us were good sized. Think sardines...

pack 5-6 of us in a car (depending on how many the vehicle seats) and the your even tighter sardines.. my truck technically seats 5 but had 6 ppl in it once...

I've got a great truck for you for sale! 96 f250 powerstroke, rhd. Bargain!!!'

I'd love one of those Andy but our ftfftfed up registration system treats that as a commercial because of it's gross weight .... anything over 3500kg gross is subject to six monthly COF inspection at $120/140 a time (under that is the WOF scheme which is only $45 per time) and because it's a diesel it has a $0.07/km road user tax on it enforced by hubometer plus the annual registration is higher. Diesel really only works out here if you become a criminal by winding your speedo back or do high mileage ...... i don't do much mileage since we've sold the pub and i like my rear exit just the way it is now so i'd rather stay out of the "big house".Having said all that how much are you wanting Andy and i'll ask around - still chasing that gen 9 rhd dash for you mate ...... apparently eagle automotive used to do them but they are unsure of where the moulds went to.

Ford Truck Articles