Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bought a super duty 2.0

It's factory 4.2 turbo diesel. Slow as chit. Actually not to bad on power, and great economy too. Drives well, is ex fisherman truck so bed is stuffed, has a little surface rust and ugly front bar! I have everything to tidy up and a little fresh paint be good to go. Not going to go crazy with power mods like last time as this is strictly a money maker! Wish me luck!

Fellro

Staff member
I would love to have a motor like that available here. I hear continually how "the American public doesn't want diesels" but I know quite a few that would be happy to have that kind of thing available here. If it weren't the case, why is it that the 4BT swaps are so common? Darn things are hard to get ahold of and pricey when you do, as they aren't overly plentiful either.

The 4.2s are bringin around 6k here, just the engine. It's rediculous. A lot of our trucks had them, and we are the only country in the world to get them so aftermarket parts are non existent!! I'd like a 5.9 but they aren't common here so spares are rare here too

Fellro

Staff member
Kind of like the Brazilian 6.6... Good motor, hard to find parts.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Wow. Nice looking truck!
I would love to have that!

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
im surprised at the dually marker lights on the front fender... looks like a rectangle trailer one on behind the back door therE??

Andy did you guy's not get the Brazilian built rhd superduty trucks there? - all the ones sold through the ford dealer network here came with 7.3 - never seen one of those 6 cyl trucks out here apart from home built conversions.
If you need any parts for the 4.2 hit me up and i'll sort some out for you as we got a heap of them here from jap import safari/patrols - they are getting to an age where rust is starting to knock them off the road.

Wow. Nice looking truck!
I would love to have that!
Thanks!!! Should come up nice when tidied up
nice looking truck ! look at all that room in the engine bay !
Yeah the engines are tiny compared to a 7.3!
im surprised at the dually marker lights on the front fender... looks like a rectangle trailer one on behind the back door therE??
Yeah the reflectors on the cab are horrid, never noticed the front before?

Andy did you guy's not get the Brazilian built rhd superduty trucks there? - all the ones sold through the ford dealer network here came with 7.3 - never seen one of those 6 cyl trucks out here apart from home built conversions.
If you need any parts for the 4.2 hit me up and i'll sort some out for you as we got a heap of them here from jap import safari/patrols - they are getting to an age where rust is starting to knock them off the road.
The engines only come in Brazilian f250s, nothing else in the world! Parts are impossible to find and not interchangeable with anything else.

Looks like a nice truck! Did the empty beer bottle come with it? :D
Umm, no, I may have had that on the way home!:wasntme:
Kind of like the Brazilian 6.6... Good motor, hard to find parts.
Yeah! They good motor, just can't get em hot!

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Yeah the reflectors on the cab are horrid, never noticed the front before?

you mean the headlights and grill??? yeah seen them often... use to be the XL package.. then they decied to make it the worker mans special truck...

if your referring to the bumper.. someones been modifying lol

you mean the headlights and grill??? yeah seen them often... use to be the XL package.. then they decied to make it the worker mans special truck... if your referring to the bumper.. someones been modifying lol
All aussie trucks have those headlights I've never seen them on a usa truck. and ford Aust offered that front bar from factory. They are ugly. I was talking about small indicator on gender.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Last edited:

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
All aussie trucks have those headlights I've never seen them on a usa truck. and ford Aust offered that front bar from factory. They are ugly. I was talking about small indicator on gender.

i actually like the halogens over the mini-self contained bulbs they have for the composite assemblies.. theyre pain to change sometimes and the sun does a number on the assemblies.. ntm a bacteria eats them too.. halogens didnt have that issue..

didnt know that about the bumper being diff there...

First gen work series Superdutys here had those similar headlights.
pretty much all the uhaul trucks have them still.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...Ft9dnOtcPa2yn_sDD8TXwp-b3_yE182151gxUEzKyk-My

550-750's still use em too..

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks in nice shape Andy!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Looks like a nice truck! Did the empty beer bottle come with it? :D

Haha....nothing gets past these guys! smilieFordlogo

Congrats though....looks like it's in real good shape.

Ford Truck Articles