Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Boost issues

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Screw that.....just had that crap done a couple of years ago. Got an H&S unit on it now after the EGR delete set on the lowest setting....more than I need for daily driving.

if your head gasket went soon after you did that EGR delete i can tell you exactly why... Learned some interesting things from the powerstroke performance guys in what ford used the EGR actually for.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Headgaskets were fine....had to get the engine pulled when the bedplate gasket needed fixing....so it was done along with the EGR delete as a preventative measure.

It was fairly cheap to do when the engine was out, the H&S was more for getting rid of the CEL.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i can never remember what the bedplate is...

blacksnapon

Staff member

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
ahh.. was thinking it was like a lower intake cover that protected the lifters or something like that...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It's engine removal time to replace the gasket.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
nahh... you can do it in the engine compartment... :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
ive watched it on youtube... time lapse... they guy tore the whole block apart in there...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
More power to him.... I'd rather pay to have it pulled...way easier for the guy to work on.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i wish i had a lift to pick up the body... much easier...

Ford Truck Articles