Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Smoke!!

Hello Folks, I hope someone can help me out. I have a 1994 F-150 with a 345 HP, X cam crate motor I got through Jegs several years ago. It has an Edlebrock Proformer intake, twin BBK 56mm throttle bodies, GT 40x aluminum heads, full MSD ignition, 24# injectors instead of 19#, Ford Motorsports Stainless steel shorty headers, SCT computer chip, duel electric fans, cold air intake, 3000 stall in a freshly built trannie and 456 rearend gears. last week I was driving home from work and stopped for some groceries, I had filled the rear tank about 70-80 miles earlier so I decided I would put a bottle of Lucus fuel treatment in the REAR tank only. as soon as I started it blueish white smoke started pouring out the exhaust, I switched tanks and it made no difference. I did a compression test on it last night and it was great, there's no water in the oil, the water level is perfect and it still starts and run like a bat outta hell....... Does anybody know what it might be? I NEED MY TRUCK BACK !!!!!!

blacksnapon

Staff member
With compression ok, I'd start with injectors, fuel quality, then programming.

That's what I was thinking, I plan on pulling the injectors first thing in the morning. Thank you VERY MUCH!!! I do know this much, this is the strangest thing I've ever seen with this motor, as I said earlier she still starts and runs like a Bat outta hell!!! have a Great Weekend!!

Fellro

Staff member
Had a weird one once, on a carbed 150. The pcv valve fell apart internally, which then was a massive vacuum leak, along with being able to pull oil from the valve cover area. Be worth a look.

Ford Truck Articles