Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My New Van

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
A great turn of events today, I called the old dealership that I had dealt with previously as they do lots of fleet stuff.
I now have a quote in front of me and will be refining it over the next few days...salesman who is the fleet manager is going away for a week, so no pressure for me.
Looks like the only thing that might affect it is late availability on heated short arm mirrors, will have to find out what exactly that will do to the delivery as I really don't want the long mirrors.
Looks like a fully loaded dually is going to be around 55k which isn't bad at all.
Ford is also offering a $1500 incentive on shelving.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I'm usually a "blue" guy...but I'm kinda digging that "green gem metallic". If I was going neutral-toned, I'd take the "sterling gray" over white.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Black. :wasntme:

Actually, I'm partial to the sterling gray, for a vehicle that size.

I didn't look to see if that comes in a 4WD flavor.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Was thinking white, but really leaning towards the blue...and no Doug, no 4wd at the moment

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
If you want to get away from white, at least go with silver, it will stay clean looking-ish for you in the great white north.

That's pretty cool how they have a dually package with the v6 ecoboost.

Ryan

I reckon silver or white would be good Duncan - easier to have standout colour's for your signage.
They should have an AWD version Duncan - Europe has had awd for close to ten years now.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Going to go blue :)
I never run signage on any of our trucks....no advertising period.
Only rear wheel drive in NA

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Duncan, you should look into hydrophobic coatings. Thank me later.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Duncan, you should look into hydrophobic coatings. Thank me later.

I've heard of them, never thought about entire vehicle application.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
It's the in thing these days. Would be immensely helpful at repelling scratches and grime, plus saves you the hassle of waxing. Do a quick search to see if there are any OptiCoat certified detailers near you.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks, I'll have a look. Nice part about this one is that I will be able to keep it in the garage.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
That's a definite plus.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Late, but I had an 05 that was a Champaign color, that color was awesome for hiding dirt. Congrats, cool option for a dually with the ecopoof.

Ford Truck Articles