Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > Garage and Tool Zone

Garage and Tool Zone Tool discussion, or anything pertaining to your garage.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:05 PM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Grease gun question

Like most people who maintain their vehicles, there is the common grease gun hanging in the garage here. Because it dribbles oil at a very slow rate, as it seems everyone elses does, there is a small can under it to catch the offending oil and stop the mess. There has just got to be an alternative to this, so I ask:

a) is there a better alternative to the common and been around forever grease gun (lever actuated to pump) that doesn't rain oil?

b) if not, is there a synthetic grease (other than amsoil) for suspension and steering parts that doesn't generate an oil slick when inserted into the common grease gun?

c) or, if no to a) and b) what are others doing to not have a mess?

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2016, 08:22 PM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Small disposables for like $10 at the box stores. I have several packages of them here and there. Enough to grease a couple front ends, cheap enough to throw away when it's out.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 10-29-2016, 09:03 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
I just deal with the damn mess....rubber gloves, brakleen...grumbling..
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:33 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
.96c waste basket... i just stick the gun in there and let it drip all it wants... got tired of cleaning up the counter everytime i went out into the garage... problem with baggies is itll run up the side of the gun till it reaches the top and flow over.. (use to use the bags the papers came in just seemed to expedite it..) one thing i have noticed over the years was that the synthetics seem to do it more than the nonsynthetics did.. what i cant figure out is why it only seems to do it in the guns.. have 3 tubes sitting on the shelf.. not a drip.. put it in the gun.. it drips..

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Old 10-29-2016, 09:35 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
I have a air grease gun because I'm lazy. The regular guns I havery
I pull the reload rod out on mine the very seldom ever leak any grease.
Randy
Old 10-29-2016, 09:38 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
I have a air grease gun because I'm lazy. The regular guns I havery
I pull the reload rod out on mine the very seldom ever leak any grease.
say what???

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 10-29-2016, 10:16 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
At a Halloween party to much tequila,rum and beer in my system to type on a coherent sentence.
Randy
Old 10-29-2016, 10:19 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

On all my grease guns. I pull the rod out of the bottom that you you pull to put a new tube of grease in and my guns never leak.
Randy
Old 10-29-2016, 10:35 PM
Virginia Chapter member

lol poor randy... will just have to keep the liqueur away then... lol

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 10-30-2016, 12:01 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
At a Halloween party to much tequila,rum and beer in my system to type on a coherent sentence.
Did you dress up as an Agave plant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!