Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Happy Boy...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Boy oh boy...I tell ya, pulled the Bronco out yesterday to play in the snow, and drove it this morning to protect myself from the idiots on the road...and man do I miss DDing a dent. Miss it almost enough to move closer to work so I'd be willing to drive it every day. Man I was happy too, in the last year I've put about 250 miles on her, and all it took to start her was two pumps and she fired right up. Over her last 1000 miles she's had a decent engine refresh and a front end rebuild, so she drove and purred like nobody's business. Driving it really invigorated me to complete the projects I've all but forgotten about on my rigs. With the hubs locked it's looking like she pulled 10.4 mpg's at 60-70mph on the way to work. I can't get over how happy driving that thing made me, I've been grinning ear to ear all morning.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It is amazing how easy they start up after sitting around being neglected.

Amen...I was expecting a dead battery, especially since last time I ran it, I killed the battery using the head lights as flood lights and only got a jump and drove home a couple miles...but I suppose that's a testament to the Motorcraft battery. I was also expecting to have to give it a few more pumps of gas, then flood it, then play the whole 'is it flooded or not' game. I was just super pleased with how quick she came back to life. And even though the weather stripping is gone and my blower fan is on it's last leg, so there was minimal heat and cold air blowing in this morning...driving her was an absolute blast.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looking forward to lunch to take her out for another spin. It really is a sickness, I believe.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Yeah...Salisbury got 3-4"...winston got somwhere around 4"....some areas a little further west got as much as 8"

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Looking forward to lunch to take her out for another spin. It really is a sickness, I believe.

Agreed. Lots of times I wish I lived more than a mile from work for that very reason. Happy Driving, Ben.

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
2 things Ben..??
#1....WHERE ARE THE PICS??? in the snow w/ the bronco..

AND
#2..what is snow...not even a flurry in NJ..:(, my f150 is sad ..sitting ..waiting patiently w/ the plow on for snow...

glad to hear it ran good and you had fun..

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
That sounds fun, Ben. That's more snow than we've gotten all year COMBINED! The one time we got an inch of snow, the wife was making fun of all the engine sounds I was mimicking while driving in 4wd.

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Unlocked the hubs on the way home...when I gassed I went 102 miles on 8.018 gallons of gas. Had I not had the hubs locked on the way to work, I think I could have the eclipsed the 14mpg mark round trip.

2 things Ben..??
#1....WHERE ARE THE PICS??? in the snow w/ the bronco..

AND
#2..what is snow...not even a flurry in NJ..:(, my f150 is sad ..sitting ..waiting patiently w/ the plow on for snow...

glad to hear it ran good and you had fun..

1)I think I snagged a couple on my phone out of a window.

2)Dunno where yours is...but there is nothing more liberating than peeing outdoors during the first snow fall of the year.

That sounds fun, Ben. That's more snow than we've gotten all year COMBINED! The one time we got an inch of snow, the wife was making fun of all the engine sounds I was mimicking while driving in 4wd.

Ryan

It was good fun...I was happy all day. It re-reminded me I still need a booster, the C6 gets sloppy in 2nd and a couple other little nuances, but that's just a little bit of love money.

As for engine sounds...any guy that has a pair makes those noises, so let the wifey know that doesn't make you odd.

Sweeeet Ben.

I know the feeling of getting in and driving after you haven't in one of these trucks in a long time. I just started this month using my truck as a daily driver again for the first time in a couple years. If it wasn't for Cali gas prices id have absolutely no complaints. Love driving my truck over anything else.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
I know what you mean Ben !! After rebuilding the front end in mine and doing the steering conversion. New complete rear brakes, shocks all around and a tune up, I LOVE driving my ol' girl everyday !!! And yes , she is drafty too !!!

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I know what you mean Ben !! After rebuilding the front end in mine and doing the steering conversion. New complete rear brakes, shocks all around and a tune up, I LOVE driving my ol' girl everyday !!! And yes , she is drafty too !!!

My weather stripping was replaced not too many years ago, so I don't get much draft. BUT my dreiver's side wing window has this loud whistle when it's closed, and acutlly makes more wind noise when closed than it does open. Good thing I usually prefer to ride with it open anyway...even if it's cold out.

That's part of driving an old truck. Wing windows are actually one thing I wish they still put on vehicles...

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Ah playin in the snow would be fun. We haven't had much up here. I'm just itching to get my truck running and taking her out for a spin. I'd love to get her out in the snow and test the 4x4.

Ford Truck Articles